Best "Modest Mouse" songs

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 05:10 am
What are, in your opinion, the best "modest mouse" songs and albums?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 816 • Replies: 9
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 06:17 am
somehow, modest mouse has escaped my musical radar (something which is rather difficult to do, given my obsessive love of all things musical), but i plan to rectify that situation soon

so all that being said, what would you recommend?
0 Replies

Odd Socks

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:06 am
I don't know their music very well either. It's an indy-rock group that has been around for a decade. I don't know how good it is, but i've heard a few good reviews. I have a friend who is very interested in them, but doesn't know which albums he should aim to buy. Since i was visiting A2K at the same time astalking to him, i thought i'd ask to see if anybody dug this music and knew which albums were the best quality.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 07:35 am
I've got a couple of albums. Eh, alright, not bad in the background, methinks.

The singer did a side project called Ugly Casanova a couple of years ago that I thought was excellent. Explored a lot more textures than Modest Mouse does (or did -- I haven't listened to much of their 2004 release yet).
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 12:03 pm
I've only downloaded a few songs - 'the good times are killing me' is very good.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 01:47 pm
They aren't to bad... but it seems a little empty to me. I'd much rather listen to Built to Spill. Sort of the same type music but much more feeling and emotion in it.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 06:36 pm
Check out the album "The lonesome crowded west". I'm no indie fan (metal fan actuay) and i love it. That's how good it is.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:20 am
jpinMilwaukee wrote:
They aren't to bad... but it seems a little empty to me. I'd much rather listen to Built to Spill. Sort of the same type music but much more feeling and emotion in it.

Funny, I've thought the same thing looking at this thread. "Ancient Melodies of the Future" is a great listen...
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:59 am
patiodog wrote:
Funny, I've thought the same thing looking at this thread. "Ancient Melodies of the Future" is a great listen...

Check out There's Nothing Wrong With Love... I love that album.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:32 pm
Today I grabbed my Sonic Youth "Washing Machine" cd before heading out. Listening to it in my car, when "unwind" came on.

I think Modest Mouse completely ripped this song off with "Blame it on the Tetons," at least the beginning.
0 Replies