Cortazar fans?

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 06:54 pm
I've just been recommended Cortazar's novel Hopscotch. I have decided to take her up on it and read it.

Question: I am particular about translations. I have read some crappy translations of great stuff, particularly from Spanish to English.

Can anyone please suggest a good translation of Hopscotch?

I hope someone responds to this nerdy question.

Your best friend,

Gargamel
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 951 • Replies: 4
No top replies

rodbogey

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:24 pm
My suggestion would be to look for a translation from a recognized publisher. I'm afraid I can't recommend one in particular since I read the novel in it's original spanish version. Good luck!
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 01:27 am
Did a little browsing for you and I found out that one of the few editors that has recently published it is Pantheon Books. It seems to be the only publisher that has released the book in a few years so there's a good chance that's the only translation you could find, unless you buy a used copy.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 02:23 pm
Okay, cool. Not having much of a choice makes me not worry about making the wrong one. I've read some terrible translations of Neruda, which is why I ask.

Thanks for the replies!
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sun 1 May, 2005 12:30 am
Hope you enjoy it!
0 Replies