Touching hair

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 09:31 am
@chai2,
BTW, I'm not thumbing anyone down, or up.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:14 am
Woman Blocks Plane Passenger's TV By Placing Long Ponytail Over It.

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:25 am
@Real Music,
Yeah, I'm sure the passanger blocked politely asked her to move her hair.

Next case.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 02:26 pm
@chai2,
It has never crossed my mind to either ask for permission or to just go and try feeling another's hair.

Usually people have respected me and my space enough to not do that to me.

Usually. There are unfortunately some strange characters out there. There are two distinct groups. Those who ask to feel my beard and those idiots who just take a grab at it. Some I have known, others are complete strangers.
chai2

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 03:51 pm
@Sturgis,
this says it all....

chai2

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 07:11 pm
@chai2,
They’re dreds Susan.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 10:34 pm
In grade school I had a friend that was Black. He was the only Black kid in school, the only Black person I knew. I remember asking him if I could touch his hair. He said yes. He was ok with it.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 09:56 am
Why would anyone want to torch someone’s hair? Seems pretty messed up.
chai2

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 12:24 pm
@Ragman,
Funny ragman, I was just coming on here to post an update on this very thing.

I was just at a beauty supply store, and saw this really beautiful 30th black woman.

We happened to be looking at the same product line, and I said to her "I was looking up different types of hair structure/curls the other day. I'm obviously a 1 (can't hold a curl to save my life). Let me guess, you're a.......3C?"

She raised her eyebrows, smiled and said "Very Good!"

So, I told her about the subject of this thread, and asked her if people ever came up to her and either asked, or just reached out and touched her hair.

She thought for a second and answered "Asked? Not really. Once in a great while. Just reached out and touched? Absolutely NOT!"

I said, yeah, I hadn't thought it was such a big deal as some people were making it.

She than asked me, "Are you asking me if you can touch my hair?"

I said no I wasn't.

She then asked, "Do you want to touch it?"

I said "Absolutely not. I know what hair feels like. Do you want to touch mine?" She said "Nope"

Then I told her about that little boy with the "They're dreds Susan", because that still cracks me up. It cracked her up too.

So yeah, while I would be really pissed if someone did that to me, seems like its much less of a thing today.

Anyone else want to weigh in?

chai2

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2019 12:26 pm
@chai2,
3C Hair:

https://cdn2.stylecraze.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/1.-Wash-And-Go.jpg

0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Touching hair
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:53:18