Random question

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 03:30 pm
It's a tile/mixed media mural, but where the tiles/objects don't connect to each other, and are adhered separately to the wall. I only find these because I know the company where they are at.

Something like these....

https://officesnapshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/kendra-scott-design-offices-austin-5-700x467.jpg

https://media.glassdoor.com/l/eb/c9/3e/8a/one-of-the-many-beautiful-art-installations-we-have-in-our-home-office.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 548 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 06:09 pm
Yes, well, you know it might rain tomorrow too.
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 06:22 pm
@Jewels Vern,
WTF is that supposed to mean?

It's a serious question.

I'm trying to find out what it's called so I can look at examples.

When you look up anything about murals, mosaics, tiles etc they are always made from tiles, glass etc that are connected, and attached to some sort of piece that makes it like a framed picture.

Anyone?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 06:49 pm
@chai2,
I'll send a picture to my SIL, she might know (she's always been on the creative side)
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 07:47 pm
Freeform wall tile artwork
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 07:56 pm
@PUNKEY,
I like it.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 08:04 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Freeform wall tile artwork

See, you can't just pull some words out of your ass and act like it's the answer.

Why do you do stuff like that?

Oh, I know, because you can't just not say something, even when you don't know.

Jesus.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 08:17 pm
Freeform mosaic wall art

Bottom one is mosaic glass, cant tell what is used in the top photo - maybe polished stones.
chai2

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 11:25 pm
@PUNKEY,
Punky, not only did you not post any pictures, you also changed what you said.

Also, if you google either of your terms, you don't come up with any images of what I am talking about.

If you happen to find find 2 random pictures out of hundreds that immediately pop up, it doesn't mean you have found an answer.

Just stop.

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 01:18 am
@chai2,
If it was needlework it would be called Appliqué. I don't know if that's any help, maybe they use the same term, or a slight variant in tiling.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 09:53 pm
Chai, I found some similar art forms on Pinterest and what came up was "Therapeutic Art-Bowl Wall Art" and then it showed quite a few versions of similar artworks.

0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2019 12:21 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Punky, not only did you not post any pictures,

I think Punkey was referring to the pictures you posted.
chai2

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 06:27 am
@cherrie,
Yeah I thought of that later Cherie

However, since I had already said I had been to that office, which is how I knew to look up pictures on the Internet of them, it makes no sense why P would think I wanted to know what the actual materials where.

I’ve actually taken closer pictures of them with my own phone. And no, people who work there don’t know either, and they don’t know the artist or company who did them. This is a corporate office.

Punkey has a long standing history of not reading what is written, giving answers or opinions that are completely off the mark, and just seems to want to get her unuseful, irrelevant 2 cents in about anything.

She ‘s succeed once again in spiraling a thread off in a meaningless direction by just vomiting the first thing that occurs to her into the air.

Personally, I have no idea why she hasn’t put me on ignore long ago, as i’ve very clearly indicated my dislike of her too many times to count.

I think I have her on ignore, but in cases where the answer directly impacts me, like here, I feel I have to at least look at the post to see if i’m going to have to do damage control, and try to put things back on track.

Unfortunately, in this case, a lost cause.
0 Replies

sumita12sofat

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 05:38 am
How can I add an image in answer
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 05:52 am
@sumita12sofat,

you have to upload it to a hosting site like imgur or tinypic...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 10 Apr, 2019 05:54 am

then get the url and format it like this --

Code:[img]https://www.gravatar.com/avatar/e2aeff4c2.jpg[/img]
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Random question
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 03:26:36