Are there any True Christians on Able2Know?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 03:45 pm
@BillRM,
I can't see myself hanging out in a temple. It's your weird Jesus fantasy, don't try and bring me into it.
BillRM

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 05:16 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I can't see myself hanging out in a temple. It's your weird Jesus fantasy, don't try and bring me into it.

So you find something wrong with providing a service to those who wish to support the temple by donating coins, in the format that the temple leadership could accept?

Yes the stories are mostly nonsense but it can be amusing to apply logic to such stories an assuming that there was a Temple ban on accepting Roman coins with Roman symbols on them the story that there was businesses set up to change out those coins seems logical.

What is not logical is why the hell would a so call Jesus have a problem with that happening and if he did have that problem why the hell did not the coin dealers defend themselves when Jesus shown up with a whip?
Jewels Vern

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 08:49 pm
The question concerns Christians on able2know. All you people carrying on about Jesus in the temple are off topic. You have not read the passage, and/or you don't remember it correctly, and besides that, Jesus was not a Christian. He was a Jew talking to Jews about Jewish concerns.
mystikmind

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 09:32 pm
@Jewels Vern,
So the behavior of Jesus is 'off topic' when talking about the behavior of Christians now??

Let me just repeat that again, the behavior of Jesus is "OFF TOPIC" O.F.F T.O.P.I.C when talking about the behavior of Christians?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 01:25 am
@BillRM,
I didn't expect any conversation about Christian ethics to turn into one about how you would beat Jesus up. You're not going to get a grip of the moral dynamics if you constantly insist on waving your dick about.

You're not fifteen any more.

You do realise that Jerusalem was part of the Roman Empire, and the Romans had their own way of keeping law and order. Jesus allegedly disrupted business in the temple and a few days later got arrested by the Romans.

Why you feel the need to insert, and defend, your own masculinity in this story is something you should probably talk to a professional about.
pradeeeprajpoot

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 01:48 am
Informative thread.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 08:35 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

The question concerns Christians on able2know. All you people carrying on about Jesus in the temple are off topic. You have not read the passage, and/or you don't remember it correctly, and besides that, Jesus was not a Christian. He was a Jew talking to Jews about Jewish concerns.

Hell there is no proof that Jesus is a person an not for example a compounded person from that era.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 08:43 am
@izzythepush,
Once more it does not take must of a man in fact almost all men an some women would defend themselves from a nut repeat a nut with a whip.

Completely beside the point if the man with the whip think he is the son of god.

Hell there was such nuts before that time period and up to the current times.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 10:01 am
@BillRM,
You're talking about something you know nothing about. You don't know what it's like to live under Roman occupation. You don't know if Jesus was on his own or if he was mob handed, and you don't know what the consequences would have been had you reacted.

Jesus got crucified for it, anyone participating in public disorder may well have faced the same penalty.

The truth is there's so many variables, and if you're honest you wouldn't know how you'd react. So stop the macho posturing, because it just makes you look foolish.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 10:02 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Hell there is no proof that Jesus is a person an not for example a compounded person from that era.

But as far as you're concerned there's proof he had a whip.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 12:38 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

BillRM wrote:

But as far as you're concerned there's proof he had a whip.

How many times does one need to state that assuming that there was someone name Jesus with a whip and money changers in the Temple does the story made any kind of logical sense from that point on.

Let try one more time to try to get you to understand the concept of assuming.

Quote:
as·sum·ing
/əˈso͞omiNG/
conjunction
used for the purpose of argument to indicate a premise on which a statement can be based.
"assuming that the treaty is ratified, what is its relevance?"
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 12:48 pm
@BillRM,
You can't just assume two things, you've not assumed how the Romans would have reacted for starters. You've taken those two things in isolation to everything else.

There's loads you don't know, how regular these occurrences were, how people were expected to behave in the temple, what constitutes societal norms. How were the moneylenders themselves viewed? Were they admired, hated or somewhere in the middle?

There's a **** ton you don't know, so you can't possibly extrapolate how one would behave in such circumstances because it's completely alien to you.
BillRM

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 04:13 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You can't just assume two things, you've not assumed how the Romans would have reacted for starters. You've taken those two things in isolation to everything else.

There's loads you don't know, how regular these occurrences were, how people were expected to behave in the temple, what constitutes societal norms. How were the moneylenders themselves viewed? Were they admired, hated or somewhere in the middle?u

There's a **** ton you don't know, so you can't possibly extrapolate how one would behave in such circumstances because it's completely alien to you.

My my you wish a Phd research project dealing with an event that likely have no connection to reality?

Without a time machine all we will ever have is the bible story where gold merchants was attack by a Jesus religion figure while providing a service that is tightly tied to the very existence of the Temple. A story that does not contain such details as Jesus being a leader of some criminal gang backing his actions.

Once given the story as it is written the question of if it logical for those gold merchants to be attacks and not have both the means and the desire to defend themselves any more then it would be for someone to show up at a modern gold trade show with a whip an meet no resistance from the merchants an the trade show security.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 04:40 pm
@BillRM,
No I don't. I expect people to have some awareness of reality, and not to talk bollocks.

Why not talk about how you'd react is Jesus came into your local boozer and went at you with a whip, that you might have a chance of getting.

Although if Jesus could get you in your local with a whip he'd probably the genuine article with superpowers and a magic whip. That'll probably knock your cock off and you'll have to go running after it.
mystikmind

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 05:06 pm
@izzythepush,
"I expect people to have some awareness of reality, and not to talk bollocks."

Errrm, you do realize this is a religious thread rite??
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 06:26 am
@BillRM,
You need to read your bible and stop making up stuff. Jesus overturned the tables, and made a whip to drive the animals out, because that's how you drive animals out, and he SPOKE to the people. He did not beat people with a whip.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2019 06:45 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

You need to read your bible and stop making up stuff.

This is what we call an oxymoron. 90% of the Bible is made up stuff.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 04:32:51