Overlapped! Help

Silia67

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2019 10:33 pm
So I dated this guy for about four years. Past wto years were long distance. And from the start he had trust issues, but I would give my best to make him feel secure and give proofs. But let 6-7 months seemed to be fishy. So I started digging a lot. Then he would block me and I would still call from a friends phone or send emails.(know that was stupid). But I did that because I thought I I knew something was wrong. Then he just started calling a psycho and said I fritstrate him. But he would find topics to fight on purpose and then block me.
But one day he just ended the relation, blaming it on me that I am annoying and it’s not working out, he needs to focus on work.
But within two days of breakup, he starts a fling with a common friend, who I had been question him about for a month, and the last fight happened due to her, as he had lied to me about her hanging out with him.
Did this happen due to me? Was I so annoying that pushed him and made him go to the girl? Or it was his attraction towards her? I really don’t know?
Will he ever realise?

Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 12:09 am
@Silia67,
Can anyone reply? I just feel depressed. Do overlapping and rebounds work successfully?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 01:46 am
Most people here are probably asleep right now (I should be). You'll probably get more replies tomorrow.

I couldn't tell you why he broke up with you, but it really sounds like you're better off without him. And since the relationship has ended, there's really no point in thinking about him anymore.

I suppose it's not that easy to just shut your feelings off. But continuing to think about him is not going to lead anywhere useful. Probably the best way forward is to join a dating service and meet someone new.
Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 04:14 am
@oralloy,
Thanks for your reply. He brokeup because we had been fighting a lot lately.
Yes I have started to do better.
But just want to know, will he ever realise or just forget me ? It’s been two months now:(
jespah

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 05:06 am
@Silia67,
What he does, says, or thinks is immaterial.

Block his lying, cheating ass and go out and meet other people.

The reasons for a breakup virtually never mattter. It happened, it's done, and you need to do your best to get past it.

If you cannot after another month or so, then seriously consider counseling to help you with obsessing over this bump in the road of your life.
Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 05:14 am
@jespah,
Thanks buddy. Smile yes I am trying my best to focus on myself and be happy.
But one question was bothering me real bad, that’s is do such people ever realise ?
jespah

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 05:34 am
@Silia67,
Probably not.

Keep in mind, he probably thinks he did nothing wrong.

Even a villain thinks he's the hero of his own story.

Go and be the heroine of your own. Smile
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 05:35 am
@Silia67,
You keep asking if he will ever realise. I don't know if I've missed something here but what is it you want him to realise?
PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 06:07 am
No, you didn’t “drive” him to another girl. Things were not good with you two anyway. Then your suspicions turned out right that he had drifted away to another girl. But she was not the start of your problems.

Accept that this is over. He is not going to “ realize” anything about the past. He doesn’t think he’s done anything wrong. He just got out of a relationship that wasn’t good for him for a while. She didn’t cause it.
Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 07:44 am
@cherrie,
So adding up more, after the breakup I got to know that he had cheated. Once. So you think he moved on quickly and immediately started dating the girl? I meant will he realise that the problems in our relation could be fixed? And will he ever come back?
0 Replies

Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 07:49 am
@PUNKEY,
Alright if you say so. My ex and his new girl, keep putting it in my face all the time. Just two months ago I was with him at the same club and the girl was there too. And now he’s been doing the same things that we used to do together. And they keep posting it all over social media.
You think after a four year relationship, it’s easy to move on so quick? And start doing the same things with a new girl?
0 Replies

Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 07:54 am
@PUNKEY,
And yes. Since the breakup happened he never gave me clarity on things. He called thrice and cried saying there is nothing between me and the other girl. I can’t think of dating for a year.
And immediate after a week I get to know these things from common friends and he starts posting stories. So I just expected him to be honest with me.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 02:45 pm
Why don't you just go dark for a while?

Shut off all media and not be bothered. It seems someone wants this in your face, so don't even look at whatever it is.

Some people can move to a new relationship very quickly. Apparently, the relationship you two had did not have the DEEP feelings that you alone had. That kind of tells you what kind of guy he is.

Don't let him come back or even talk to you.
Silia67

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2019 10:46 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yes it hurts to feel this way. Since all my common friends tell me, this is a rebound and they are just using each other.
So I was curious.

But yes, I just want to get over this soon:) probably a few months more and I ll be. Thanks for replying
0 Replies