My husband lies and crosses the line

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:01 pm
Hello,

Last week I found out my husband purchased flowers for a coworker. He states he was just being supportive because she hosted a networking influencer event and it turned out to be successful. The reason this really upset and hurt me is because we are tight on money and the week before he was on my case for buying toys for our 3 kids.

There is also pretty bad history revolving this coworker. Last year, he hung out with her at her apartment till 10 pm after work and it was hurtful because he lied and said he was hanging out with his buddy. Also, on that specific day that he hung out with her at her place, my therapist had called him to discuss the severity of my post partum depression. He stated they are friends and she knows about me and the kids and they just watched the game with other coworkers. A few days later there were issues where he bought her an expensive gift for her birthday ($200 dollar shoes) behind my back and also another instance where he went to her place again to help her on her project and I only found out because my car got totaled. When we had to file a claim for insurance, I got the location where the accident took place which was near her house and not at the location he had previously told me he was at.
Anyways even through all that we were working on our marriage. I knew I wasn’t able to control him so I stopped asking him to stop speaking to her since they work together. I just asked if he can please not spend money on this girl. Fast forward to now and he spent 100 bucks on sending flowers to her place. I’m crushed. I know at this point I have to just move on because he is not stopping this behavior. I’m at stay at home mom and working on my resume to get back to being independent. Any tips on how to move forward and stick to my guns with my decision? When all this went down, he refused to take any accountability and I found myself again telling him to stop doing this and stop speaking to her when in reality, I am not going to be able to trust him and I also know I can’t control him. He has yet to apologize or bring me any sort of comfort to make me feel safe again. He doesn’t see anything wrong with what he did and says he lies and keeps things from me because I freak out. He was also upset because I had to tell my family and share what happened to my closest friends who are like sisters to me. I have been staying at my moms place with the kids and I feel like he is going to try to ease his way back and I’m scared to fall because I’m so tired of being hurt like this again. Sometimes I feel like maybe I am overreacting cause he always makes it seem like this is just an issue with him having a friend that’s a girl, but this has never been an issue with any of his other female friendships. I feel like I’m going crazy and so scared to make any decisions. Any tips on letting go of this fear?

Thank you

jespah

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 06:43 pm
@Adelacort,
You have no reason to change.

He's acting like an ass.

Have you ever met this gal? I mean in person, not email or Facebook or phone calls.

Have her over. Invite her, for realz. Make dinner, etc. She'll be your guest.

If she refuses or if he balks, then you'll know it's more than he says it is.

And even if she does come over, see if you can get him into therapy, at least couples counseling. He needs to be made aware of the fact that his lies are making him untrustworthy to you and they are undermining your marriage, even if his relationship with his coworker is 100% innocent.
PUNKEY

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 08:22 pm
Can I ask why you and the kids left the home? HE needed to leave the home, not the kids. Insist that he leave and get your children re- settled in their own beds.

He has crossed the line and is violating his marriage vows. Get a lawyer asap to protect yourself and your children financially. Because his goal is to impress her and that’s going to cost him some bucks $$$$. He will take it from the family budget. The court needs to remind him if his obligations.

Let your therapist know everything going on. You will need support to stay strong during this time.

Good luck.

mystikmind

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 08:35 pm
@Adelacort,
I love that part about the car accident.... because i just LOVE to see a sly prick get caught out, and the sly prick wants to talk his way out of it, Ok Go Ahead and try, but NO.... this car accident, it is like grabbing his head and slamming his face in to the brick wall which is the facts of the accident... Don't keep talking, you got caught, look at the fact in front of your face there it is, slam, slam, slam.... got it in your head yet? No? Slam, slam, slam.... a solid fact to smash his face on.... i love it! Ha, Ha, Ha
0 Replies

Adelacort

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 10:03 pm
@jespah,
Thank you for your words.

I have never met her. The weird thing is I was well aware of her cause he always talked about her and another group of coworkers so that’s why it was so strange to me when he just randomly started lying and going above and beyond with the gifts and grand gestures.
0 Replies

Adelacort

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 10:08 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thank you,

I finally found a therapist so feel relieved. I stayed with my mom because I really just needed to get away and be with family. I’m back home now and we are just being civil for the sake of the kids but I am in the process of getting a job and figuring out the next steps. He is being overly nice but of course he still sees nothing wrong with his actions and if it gets brought up, he goes back to me being insecure and my depression has turned me into an empty shell and I’m not the same and blah blah blah. I’m quite over it. I’m just trying to stay strong and stick to my guns.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 10:20 pm
@Adelacort,
He does sound like a complete horses ass. All of the things you mentioned could possibly (but not likely) be just a pal sort of thing.....but he bought her a pair of shoes?????? How creepy is that?? Does he buy shoes for his guy-pals?? Of course he doesn't. That's so freaking personal, it just a millimeter less creepy than buying her lingerie. Ugh Ugh...UGGGGhhh

glitterbag

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2019 10:35 pm
@glitterbag,
I missed the part about postpartum, I'm very sorry you had to deal with that. I hope you got treatment for the depression, but honestly, you are married to a lying sack of dog-doo-doo......When you get him out of your life, you will feel so much better.

My first marriage was a nightmare that lasted about 4 years. He would come home sometimes at one in the morning with some ridiculous story of having stomach or chest pains, forced to pull his car onto the median strip of the Baltimore Beltway (during rush hour) where he stayed all alone and scared and NOBODY stopped to check on him. After a while I was so numb from the lies, deceptions I was practically sleepwalking thru life. It will get better, but probably not with him...trust yourself....life can be so much better. Best of luck.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My husband lies and crosses the line
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 10:30:00