He got caught - not sure what to do

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 02:38 pm
Hi there,

I am new here and have been involved with a married man for close to 6 months. We have had a very strong emotional connection - talking daily several times since we met. He is a classic case of an under appreciated husband.....his wife on disability for one thing or another and 4 young children who he is now caring for on his own while he works and tries to make ends meet. When we spoke he was constantly doing things with his boys and running errands non stop. I know he is a good man and our friendship and connection has been very therapeutic for us both.

After giving his wife one of his old phones to use (not a wise move I know) she discovered some undeleted text messages from him to me of the very sexual kind.

When he told me about this I had been in the hospital and wasn't feeling well and was exhausted. All I know is that she saw the texts and that he needed to delete me as his BBM contact. He called me that same night on his way home from work but wasn't very talkative......said he had so much on his mind....worried about losing his kids etc. We didn't talk for long but he sent me a text message later on apologizing that things were this way right now but that it is only for now.

He said to please not respond to his text....and I have respected that. He has kept me on his Instagram account but will not message me.....he said earlier he didn't know if she would start asking to see his phone and was concerned about that.

Its been over 3 days since I haven't heard anything from him. I am feeling a bit desperate not know what's going on and not being able to contact him. I am trying to keep as busy as possible to distract myself......I really care for him and just want to know that he's ok regardless of what happens with us.....but I'm stuck....not wanting to cause problems should I send a message on Instagram.......yet he hasn't deleted me there.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience or something similar and was looking for some advice on how to deal with this....

Kind regards...

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 02:45 pm
@Brisas333,
This day of reckoning happens all the time with affairs.

Consider yourself lucky that she didn't confront you in person, with a shotgun.

And now delete him from your contacts and find a way to meet men who aren't married. Or this is going to keep happening, over and over again.
Brisas333

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2019 03:19 pm
@jespah,
jespah i really appreciate your response. And I don't disagree with you. I know it all seems so cut and dry to others who haven't been in the same situation and that this topic fuels and breeds all kinds of negativity and judgment....not that I felt that from you. I was just wondering if there is a place here that specifically deals with this topic where I could communicate with others who have similar experiences? I would like my topic/post to be seen in those areas if possible? If you can offer an advice on how/if I can do this it would be greatly appreciated. Its my first time on this forum.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2019 05:36 am
@Brisas333,
What “topic” would you like to be?
Cheating with a Married Man?
Dumped by Married Man?
Codependency- Hurts So Good?
Burned - How To Start Over?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2019 07:27 am
@Brisas333,
There are other threads that might be of help. There's one about being the other woman.

A2K is not the best place to navigate, people tag their own topics, and they're not always helpful, but there are plenty of threads out there.

Btw, I've met a lot of blokes who claim to be unappreciated then boast about their sexual exploits to their mates. I once worked with a bloke we nicknamed 'Humper' because he was always out shagging and then telling anyone who'd listen all about it.

He was very good at bullshitting, most people who cheat are.

You're hurting because you've just gone through a breakup, and the last thing you want is people judging you. So take a bit of time for yourself anyway, accept it's over, and was never really going to go anywhere, and try to move on.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » He got caught - not sure what to do
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:23:39