Thu 14 Mar, 2019 11:41 am
1. _______________ the fact that she couldn’t speak Greek, she found her way around Athens without too much trouble. . Required
2. The first time I tried smoked salmon I wasn’t __________ it. . Required
in love with
in favour of
3. She saw the job _______________ in the newspaper. . Required
4. I haven’t got enough cash. Do you mind if I ________ you a cheque? . Required
5. I have to work late tonight because I’m__________ a report. . Required
6. I wish you would _________________ so many questions! . Required
stop to ask
start to ask
7. Jennifer _____________ down the street when she saw her old friend Ruth. . Required
would have walked
8. When she realized it was Ruth she _______________ her. . Required
stopped talking with
stopped to talk with
stopped talking to
stopped to talk to
9. I wish I ______________ at school, so I could have got a better job! . Required
was working harder
had worked harder
would have worked harder
10. I thought I saw Elvis in the supermarket last night, but of course it __________________ him. . Required
couldn't have been
11. The election results are ______ all the newspapers. . Required
12. I’m looking forward to some peace and __________ when the kids go on holiday next week. . Required
13. Although the situation was very embarrassing for him he decided to ____________________ and tell the truth. . Required
face the cinema
face the literature
face the music
face the sculpture
14. When I was at school I always used to ____________ in mathematics lessons. . Required
15. Don’t worry, I can ____________ those CDs on my way home. . Required
16. I have to do ___________ work on my project this weekend. . Required
17. It ___________ four hours to Beirut by plane. . Required
18. Before you express your opinion you should consider other ____________ feelings. . Required
19. Mark ___________ to phone him after work. . Required
20. She always _________ high-heeled shoes and sunglasses. . Required
21. We’ve been _____________ with that company for over 10 years . Required
22. You haven’t seen my glasses, _______________ ? . Required
23. Although he is a millionaire he has never made _______ donation to charity. . Required
24. I can’t hear the television. ____________________ ? . Required
Could I turn it down
I can't turn it up
Can I turn it up
Can I turn it off
25. __________ they were travelling to London it began to rain. . Required
Stopped to talk with
Would have worked harder
Couldn't have been
Face the music
Can I turn it up?
*(Actually, proper English would be "May I turn it up?") "Can I" means "Am I able to?" However, "can" is acceptable in everyday language.
Ponderer? Don't quit your day job. Your experimental stream of conscious poetry sucks.
Aw man, I wanted to see how amitroyms would fill in the blanks.
You might try "Ignore User". I just did.
Correction- #5 is "writing".
Ponderer doesn't have a sense of humour, that shot right over his head.
Ponderer hasn't done as well as he thought though. I can see a couple of errors.
Stop doing someone else's homework - they need to learn
Well, I guess I can suggest you get the chrome extension - Grammarly