Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 665 • Replies: 7
No top replies

colorbook

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 01:26 pm
Fascinating Cool Smile
0 Replies

CarbonSystem

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 02:09 pm
That is excellent except for a few things I would have left out: 1. the magician. he is just taking up space, and takes away from the effect.
2. the flying saucer, why is it there? that too, just is kind of a waste and takes away.
3. that mime creature. I don;t know why but because it isn't essential I just don't like it.

I do, however, love the men holding the picture and the woman's head. Those two things make this collage great.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 02:57 pm
Thank you for your comments. I don't agree with them, of course.

I've said this in other posts, but I will repeat it here again. I am the intended audience of my work. I only post it here to see if anyone else is interested, and to show what can be done with this medium, which, by the way, is montage, not really collage. Thanks to Letty for that.

From my point of view, you have it all wrong. Nothing within the image is a waste of space. It is all one. The central framed image is a side issue and not just there for effect.

The most important image is the "mime" and his reaction to what is happening. While his eyes tell the "story", there is no meaning. It's a dreamscape.

"Look" more carefully at the other images, and you will see what I mean.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 03:13 pm
I like it Reyn.
I think that the flying saucer balances the picture with the fellows hand in the air. I like the way that the magician has a small image of himself in the hat and the mime "says" it all. :-)

My favourites are this one and the first one.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 03:27 pm
Hey, thanks for your interest!

Intrepid wrote:
I think that the flying saucer balances the picture with the fellows hand in the air.

Now, if you could only "figure out" what that fellow is trying to do.... :wink: Laughing

An artist doesn't like to explain everything what's happening. It's like explaining a joke.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:18 pm
Quote:
Now, if you could only "figure out" what that fellow is trying to do....

I'm not sure, but I think that he is explaining the size of something to that young lady in front of him Laughing

You shouldn't really have to explain. Everybody will have their own interpretation anyhow. Right or wrong :-D
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 08:23 pm
Yes, I think that's right..... Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 01:20:12