12 years I can't study English good (is translators evil?)

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 03:25 am
In this topic I will to write using only my knowing in English (without any translators).
Also in this topic I will to read answers without using translators (I gave word to myself). It is for to better study English to me.
I have not lot English words in my memory, and my expressions will black and white first time. But I hope that with time I will take experience. And if you will answer inside this topic I hope your expressions will be not hard. Thank you. 🙂

JohnKloper

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 03:37 am
If you have a question - my native language is russian.
I had always used translators before. And I think that it do not give me language knowing long and long time.
And with this topic I hope to make some shift about it.
0 Replies

JohnKloper

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 04:10 am
Who have English as a second language, how you do learning? I'm hearing ESLpodcasts every day to understand language as sound. But I can't growing all my knowing words. Therefore that expressions are so laughter.
JohnKloper

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 07:18 am
Do you use translators same as google or yandex such tool for learning other language?
JohnKloper

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 01:49 pm
I think that to continue here is needed some your question (how do you think).
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 02:16 pm
@JohnKloper,
I doubt online translators would be useful for learning another language. I think I would save their use to translating material you need to read. If you have questions, you might post them here, and tag them as ESL (English as Second Language). Some answers will be pretty good. If you don't get a reply, it may be because no one is sure of the answer.

For example; you asked "Do you use translators same as google or yandex such tool for learning other language?"

I would have said "Do you use translators such as google or yandex as tools for learning other other languages?"

To me, it's intuitive. If you want to know why I made each change, I probably won't be able to tell you. Some members can be much more precise.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 02:21 pm
@JohnKloper,
JohnKloper wrote:
Who have English as a second language, how you do learning?

English was my third language.

While you can learn vocabulary using translation tools, that does not help you with sentence formulation and grammar.

Conversations with others - in person, and online - are helpful. Watching movies and television are also quite helpful - but you have to recognize that you need to know where the films/shows are based so you can sort out dialect and accent issues.

I find the news section of http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/#navIndex-7 very useful for people moving past memorizing vocabulary.

Their online courses are well organized.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 02:23 pm
@JohnKloper,
JohnKloper wrote:

Do you use translators same as google or yandex such tool for learning other language?

no

they help with vocabulary - not with language
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2019 02:26 pm
a sample from the BBC news section

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview

there are audio/video and written components

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-1/session-1
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 12 years I can't study English good (is translators evil?)
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 06:28:21