A "What Did You Think Today" Digression!

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:52 pm
We have it all here - what are you wearing, what did you have for breakfast, what made you smile. It is time for some intellectual trivia - so, brought to you at great expense by the management - the one and only "What did you think today" digression!

Here is the place to record those odd little ripples of thought, ponderage or puzzleage that run through our mental landscapes in various guises and states of dress or undress...here a white rabbit of worry about the reversal of the magnetic poles, and what it would mean to compasses....there a wee, Seinfeldesque epiphany about relationships, or bathing....

Pop it here - let us pick it over, extract its savour, and wonder or laugh.

Any thoughts welcome - as long as they are quaint, quibbling, digressive, dallying, dainty, daffy or delightful - weird, wafting, wise, wandering or waffling.

Please, leave rationality and ponderous pedantry at the portal - come to piffle, persiflage and play!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 22,719 • Replies: 641
No top replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:54 pm
One of the days A2k was down I decided to torture my self by shopping for a suitable bathing suit to wear in Florida. That was not good thinking on my part for sure.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:56 pm
Persiflage? Aha! You've been chatting with the elusive Ms Aa. That's what I think today.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 06:57 pm
heehee - I persiflaged before e'er I met the wonderful Ms Aa - but it was a fine thought.

IS there a suitable bathing suit for Florida?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:01 pm
I was thinking about folklore and myth - and fortunately Acquiunk had delineated the difference in the wonderful Abuzz thread about Abuzz folklore of yesteryear.

He said folklore is tales about characters that develop a tradition amongst a community - and myth is about how the community/world came to be.

I am wondering if we have folklore here yet?

Some aspects made it across - the underwire, for instance - and some continuing threads have done so - hmmmmmm....
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:02 pm
How fun roger she is a wonderful person now how can we get her over hear?

Rog, I also looked for luau shirts for you whilest I was out and found many colorful ones now it is just a matter of picking the right one.

If models are the ideal look why do so few people look like them? Who decided what was the ideal? And what size jeans did THEY wear? If everyone was the ideal would things ever come to an end? After all there'd be no fat lady to sing right?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:04 pm
Off subject, whatever it is, I asked Acquiunk to contact me by email. He did, and I invited him to join a2k. He did not respond, so I'm taking that as a negative. Want to give it a try yourself, Deb. He just may consider you a more respectable party, and he would be a valuable addition.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:07 pm
Nope, not for women over the age of 13 Deb. What a nightmare. Interesting take on folklore v. myth. Hummm, now I am thinking.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:12 pm
Me? More respectable! What a thought!!! But I shall try.

We already have a trek across boundless, ether deserts, to a new cyber-home because we were ejected from our little Eden - for the sin of over-procreation - conducted alone by our heroic creator!

Hmm - that is more of a myth.

We tried to get Aa, Joanne - she came, hovered hummingbird-like, at our flowery, seductively scented door, sipped a little alien nectar, and hummed off back to familiar flora. Sigh. I would leave it alone, if I were you.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:14 pm
Was just wishing and thinking not action intended.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:18 pm
Thinking is SO 90's!!

Jeez, where have you been??

I was doing fine not thinking, but then this thread came up and got me started, THANKS ALOT!! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:20 pm
Hmmm - in our first trek, we were forced to leave behind certain precious things, no?

I was thinking, as I often do, about "Being John Malkovich" (spelling?) - and especially about the scene where the poor man is catapulted into his own Id - where everyone is a John Malkovich.

I cannot help thinking that SOME people in there would be echoes of other associations - early significant figures - more recent ones.

WOULD they all look like US, though? Perhaps an amalgam of us and themselves - since we can never separate our self and other -
but surely there would be some THEM in them, even if it was an ussy them?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:21 pm
LOL Jerry R!

What were you not thinking ABOUT?
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:28 pm
Denial: Trying not to think about the likely war.
Distraction: Quietly sitting & watching the rain falling steadily outside (again! Very Happy ) & thinking good thoughts about what it's doing for my garden.
0 Replies

JerryR

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:30 pm
See, now your just being plain mean!

I mention that I don't want to think, so you start asking me questions??

How considerate!!...HARUMPH!!!

I bet if I told you I'd given up drinking for lent, you'd be offering me a beer. ...SEE HOW YOU ARE!!

Nasty Australian Bunnies,....They name streets after rabbits like you,..."ONE WAY"!!

.....OK,..enough Laughing Laughing
I love to rant, especially when it's all in fun!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 07:35 pm
I was thinking that now that the warm weather is coming, I have to do something about the excess baggage that I have collected on my frame to keep me safe from famine! Laughing

I also had this fantasy about the military going into Iraq, swooping up Saddam and his henchmen, with nary a scratch on either our troops or the Iraqi people, then getting the hell out of there, fast. I can dream, can't I?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 09:09 pm
LOL Jerry!

It reached 50F here today. Nice day. We have a morning dove that's been hanging around and it even follows us around when we go outside. What a cute little bugger that dove is. I gave it some bird seeds and he/she seems all happy just hangin out.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 09:13 pm
That's delightful, gezzy! Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 09:19 pm
Sigh..... the underwire will not be forgot.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2003 09:29 pm
Did you think it would be? teehee In fact, it had its first pictorial representation here - courtesy of Craven.

So - why do you think the dove is in mourning, Gezzy?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A "What Did You Think Today" Digression!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:19:05