<deleted>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,000 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 11:45 am
Reyn, I always, and I mean always enjoy the holistic approach of your collages, montages. May I suggest that you do attempt to create a theme for them. Although this may not be what you have in mind:

The World and its reflection, or something of that nature.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 06:06 pm
Thanks, Letty! As always, your comments are appreciated and considered on my part.

I thought about what you said. I guess I use the term "collage" loosely. One of the dictionary terms of that word states:
"A combination of various things."

I should probably be using the word "montage", which the dictionary says is the technique of making a picture by putting together pieces from other pictures.

They are that, but more accurately, my work, I think, reflects what's going on in my mind. Perhaps the word "Dreamscape" would be more fitting. In that way, it's a very personal thing. I don't think I could do this work any other way and get the same satisfaction out of the end result.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 08:01 pm
Dreamscape. I think you just fit the pieces together, Reyn.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
Laughing Yeah, it was on the tip of my tongue, at the moment I posted.

Thought about it again. I'm just going to call my pieces "IMAGES". That way, I won't confuse myself! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 08:20 pm
Laughing You are the dearest thing, Reyn.

goodnight from my image of you.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 08:41 pm
Hey Reyn!

I've been following your posts (in an adoring fashion as of yet), though not directly (IE, when I stumble across them in a thread, I usually find myself applauding you). Had I known that you created art, let alone like this (lovin' the style!) I would have commented earlier. I love it! Very Happy

(P.S.: Happy Birthday!)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:24 pm
Letty wrote:
Laughing You are the dearest thing, Reyn.

goodnight from my image of you.

Goodnight, my dear Letty!

It's all in the mind..... :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 09:43 pm
Sanctuary wrote:
Hey Reyn!

I've been following your posts (in an adoring fashion as of yet), though not directly (IE, when I stumble across them in a thread, I usually find myself applauding you). Had I known that you created art, let alone like this (lovin' the style!) I would have commented earlier. I love it! Very Happy

(P.S.: Happy Birthday!)

Well, thanks kindly! Nice to know one has a fan from afar! Very Happy

You'll notice that I'm not one of the "cool guys" here. I read your post within that thread and was applauding you for your different stance. I was never part of The Crowd. Now more than ever, I think, that I'm in my 50's. Thanks for the birthday greetings! It's a very small circle for me.

These montages (thanks to Letty for that :wink: ) that I do are strictly done for fun and, basically, as myself as the audience. I was actually quite surprised when some others seemed to enjoy them as well. That actually helps to validate what I do and is an extra plus that I can create something that is worthwhile for others to spend some time looking at.

Back in 1993, I created a masterpiece (in my mind) of a montage done with paper. I was never able to top that work. It is framed and hangs in our computer room.

Very recently, I started doing this sort of thing with a photo editing program and found big advantages over working with paper. So, I decided to revive this hobby that I had started so many years ago. It's just a heck of a lot of fun. Sometimes the end result startle me and I wonder to myself, did I really come up with this?

I'm currently working on a couple more pieces simultaneously, so stay tuned.

Thanks for your interest..... Very Happy
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 03:30 pm
Reyn - I really love the colors in this one- they literally grab the eye.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:12 pm
Well thank you very much! I'm constantly surprised that others find what I do worthwhile, since I'm the intended audience. I started posting them here in the offchance that others might find this art form something that they might want to try.
0 Replies

Sanctuary

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 08:31 pm
I don't know Reyn...it's hard to explain.

I'll attemp to: I'm reading a book right now called Sophie's World. It's about a fourteen year old girl who suddenly becomes contacted by a philosopher that knows everything about her. He takes her through a whilewind of figureheads, history, and most of all philosophy. He perspective of the world changes each time she learns a new era or viewpoint, she grows as a person.

This image makes me think of that. The hand in the middle makes me feel like I'm walking through something, and all the other icons surrounding that are a whirlwind of history and mundane things mixed in for an adventure. I feel like Alice in Wonderland (without that odd..'druggie' feeling Shocked ) when I look at it. And that makes me want to dance. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 09:31 pm
It's interesting the different things that viewers read into my images. Yours is intriguing.

When I make them up, I begin with a central image (generally) and work around it. For example, with this one, I started with the photo of the wedding couple.

My intention is not really to give any particular meaning, but rather a certain "feel" to the image as a whole. Fortunately, with the format that I use, I am able to keep moving things around and resize them until I'm happy with the outcome. Only then, do I "cement" things in place.

As I mentioned to Letty, I think of them more as "dreamscapes" ....literally.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 06:57:30