I'm Mad (About Late Fees)!

SCoates

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:18 pm
I was a day late on turning in a movie, and the just automatically charged my card five bucks.

I've never had a rental place do that to me before. They just don't let you rent until you pay it off. But I don't want my card on their record. I don't think they should be able to charge me for anything without my permission.

Now, I realize that may sound stupid, but is anyone with me?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 944 • Replies: 5
No top replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:20 pm
Absolutely. You should tell your credit company not to honour the payment unless they can show you something you signed authorising the payment.
0 Replies

partyfiend

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 02:46 pm
You should also take your business elsewhere if you can. Maybe it was in the fine print of the membership agreement though?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:03 pm
I think you should give them the abortion clinic treatment. Up the Establishment!!! Power to the people!!!!
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:35 pm
If you signed something when you originally signed up which authorized this, I'm against you; if not, I'm with you.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2005 03:46 pm
Whether you signed or not is irrelevant.

I would very loudly take my business elsewhere. Whether you pay the $5.00 doesn't much matter (I assume the principle is more imporant than this small amount of money).

I might cancel it just to screw 'em. But, this is a good way to lose my business.
0 Replies