• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 602 • Replies: 11
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 09:23 am
@chai2,
Dinner of course.
I hardly ever eat lunch or breakfast out in restaurants. When I do go out, it's likely to be for dinner. Haven't had a memorable home cooked breakfast in years.
chai2

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 03:13 pm
@tsarstepan,
While making my lunch deliveries today, I was told by a group of people, "You're the best part of the day!"

So yeah, lunch is alive and well.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 06:37 pm
breakfast

esp if I'm at a cottage with friends

homecooked breakfasts with friends have always been my favourites

best foods and best time of day
chai2

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 07:13 pm
@ehBeth,
I used to think breakfast was a strange meal, and couldn't understand why people enjoyed it.

As a kid, I don't remember exactly what a typical breakfast was, although I know it didn't include sugary cereals or pastries or such. I'm thinking it was something like eggs and toast. I never had a waffle or a biscuit until I was an adult, and pancakes weren't appealing to me. Seemed like eating some kind of dessert, and we rarely ate dessert.

But I do remember all through grade school and high school practically fainting by the time lunch rolled around. I think it was hard for me to eat enough food, or even have the concept of eating more than the "normal amount"

Now I really, really appreciate breakfast as my first meal of the day, regardless of when I choose to have that first meal. I don't eat until hours after I get up.

Now that I have recognized I do really well on high fat, moderate protein and low carb, I find breakfast the easiest to make, and most nutritious meal of my day. Also the most indulgent.

It's super easy to get at least four vegetables into a one pan meal, with some saurkraut on the side, along with the easiest to prepare protein, high quality eggs. That including a high fat fruit like an avocado, and other oils, cheese and butter, and I'm running on good fuel for hours and hours.

So I guess I would say breakfast is my personal fav. Sometimes I'll have a 2nd one, but with just eggs, late at night.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2019 08:24 pm
@chai2,
I like breakfast, we even have breakfast for dinner some times.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 02:20 am
@glitterbag,
“To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day.”

― W. Somerset Maugham
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 02:21 am
My favourite meal is one I don't have to cook or do the washing up afterwards.

I don't get a lot of them.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 05:31 am
@chai2,
I love a well done but simple breakfast. I am very good at makin bacon in the oven on parchment. Crisp and done poifect. Mrs Fr makes the best once over eggs. Never a busted yold, even with our Gigantosaur chicken eggs. Our hens are happy girls and they reward use with gret dark orange high sittin eggs.
With HW buttered toast and usually V-8. Ive given up fruit juices but I love OJ but its so sweet that I wonder about whether its even worth it.

Once and awhile we do scrapple and thats wunnerful with molasses on top.(Not pancake syrup, thats waaay too sweet, Molasses is just a bit burnt bitter tasting and less sweet).
Always the NYTimes (WAsh Post on SUnday-worlds best funnies) and the Lancaster Paper. Thats a meal fit for a farmer.

The only variety to that would be Buckwheat or Cornmeal pancakes (I really dont like most flour pancakes), these are done very thin by using a runnier batter.
VERY infrequently, we will do a kielbasi and fried onion scrambly egg thing .
HOT Harney Bros cinnamon tea or Lapsang SOuchong.

I dont llast long if Id ever eat a sweet breakfast of buns or rolls or Danish. I just may as well eat 6 tablespoons of sugar and wait till the rush wears off when I start shaking and if it gets real bad, I start sweating. Soon as I eat and drink an OJ, it goes away.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 04:03 pm
I don't have much in the way of breakfast. I don't eat lunch. So I guess dinner is my fav. But that depends on what it is.

In fact my favorite meals of the day aren't meal; they're snacks. My midnight snack usually consists of French bread and butter with fontina cheese. I will also occasionally have soup. But my favorite snack is something chocolate (usually chocolate cake) with ice-cold whole milk. this doesn't have to vary. I enjoy it every time.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2019 07:58 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

“To eat well in England you should have breakfast three times a day.”

― W. Somerset Maugham

It's been too many years since my last English breakfast (decent or otherwise). I do miss them dearly (not just for sentimental reasons).
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2019 02:57 am
The best breakfasts I ever had were in Copenhagen.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What is your favorite meal of the day?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:23:23