A nice "Good News" story

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:58 pm
Shanghai residents drawn to Pig Olympics; events include hurdles, hoop jump
at 4:00 on April 12, 2005, EST.

SHANGHAI, China (AP) - These pigs run, jump, and swim - almost anything but fly.

Thousands of Shanghai residents have turned out to a city park to watch a herd of pigs compete in what organizers are calling the "Pig Olympics," the Shanghai Daily newspaper reported Tuesday. They run over hurdles, jump through hoops, dive, and swim in shows twice a day, it said. The pigs, a midget species from Thailand, begin training soon after birth and can begin performing professionally from about one year of age, Yang Ying, a manager with promoters Bluesea Broadway Co. Ltd. was quoted as saying.

"These lovely pigs are of a special species that is good at sports by nature," Yang said.

Pig races are common in many places, but heavily urban Shanghai offered few opportunities to see farm animals in action.

The report quoted primary students who visited the show a saying they were reconsidering their preconceptions of pigs as lazy and dull.

"It's incredible," said eight-year-old, Tan Yizhou, who had the honour of presenting a gold medal to one of the winning pigs. "I never thought that a pig could be so clever, dexterous and versatile."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 589 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:02 pm
and they make good bacon too Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:08 pm
Boy.....you're lucky that I didn't post this in the Pet forum. You'd be "bacon"! Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
Reyn wrote:
Boy.....you're lucky that I didn't post this in the Pet forum. You'd be "bacon"! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Yup, I am not that foolish. Besides I really love animals but I like bacon better Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:19 pm
Of course, that would be good ole Canadian back bacon, right? See, us Canucks can be just as patriotic as our good friends to the south. :wink:

Maple syrup....hmmm, I dunno......
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:24 pm
I hope we don't get a case of mad pig disease. Could close the doors for our Canadian bacon. ;-)

I guess it is no coincidence that our Canadian Avatar's are both red and white :-)
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:36 pm
Intrepid wrote:
I guess it is no coincidence that our Canadian Avatar's are both red and white :-)

Yes.....it is a complete coincidence. Laughing Really! But, I guess it's a nice tie-in.

So, is that your FINAL avatar now? Is it a "keeper"?

That's the nice thing about just using one's real name. There's nothing to change. I got dizzy for a while......
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:47 pm
Reyn wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Yes.....it is a complete coincidence. Laughing Really! But, I guess it's a nice tie-in.

Quote:
So, is that your FINAL avatar now? Is it a "keeper"?

Final? Hmm don't know yet. I like this one or the white button with Intrepid and the Maple Leaf. I think I enjoy creating them more than using them :-)

Quote:
That's the nice thing about just using one's real name. There's nothing to change. I got dizzy for a while......

You don't think Intepid is my real name? Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:25 pm
Intrepid wrote:
...Intepid...

Intepid? hehehehehe! I'm sure that was an unintentional typo, right? Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 09:38 pm
Reyn wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
...Intepid...

Intepid? hehehehehe! I'm sure that was an unintentional typo, right? Laughing

So, you caught the humour. Not unintentional. Good eye. :-o
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A nice "Good News" story
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:02:17