<deleted>
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 622 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Letty

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 04:42 am
Reyn, that is the most fascinating creation. Does it have a theme? Although I don't exactly think of it as a collage, I love it!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 05:01 am
I like it but i dont think it needs the old granny head on the carved rock.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 06:13 am
Very interesting Reyn...what is it trying to say? Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:27 am
Hi guys! Thanks for your comments.

With my collages, I don't really try to make a "theme" or make any "meaning" to it. That is why I simply number them. Perhaps the viewers can put their own meaning to it.

Rather, they are works in progress. I start out with a reasonable interesting central image. I build on that. The work tends to suggest certain things and I move in that direction. It takes on a life of its own. sometimes, I hit the mark, and it's a "WOW", and sometimes it falls a little flat.

Basically, I just like to work with images, and what I think looks interesting.

And, thanks for your interest..... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 07:37 am
Been looking in on all of them.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 08:10 am
That's nice to read! Although I do the work for myself, it's always satisfying to know that there are others who like to view them as well. I find doing it just a lot of fun.

Other things that I've tried, like drawing, painting, etc, have never worked out for me. I don't have what it takes to make a go of a hobby like that.

With these collages, it's the choice of images that I use, and how I use them. If I had to start from scratch and draw or paint them, I wouldn't bother.

Even a work that doesn't quite make it, still looks like "something" and not completely amateurish. It seems to satisfy my artistic urges.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 06:55 am
Big brother
Its very Big Brother looking to me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » .
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 12:28:45