Got STD test done yesterday, Im still worried about HIV

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 07:39 pm
Basically, I got my STD check yesterday, results should come in around 2 weeks from now. Only time I ever had unprotected sex was February 2018.
Heres where im now starting to freak out

Last Weekend i went to a wedding, a very cold wedding at night, and I got a fever and chills, along with a strep throat. Ive had strep throat all the time since i was a kid , and i get it from eating a lot of sugary food and candy which i did at the wedding. Next day, went to walk in clinic and was prescribed antibiotics for my throat, and advil for fever. So its been 11 months since last time i had sex without a condom and now im worried, is it a coincidence I am getting the fever, and the strep throat? along with catching them together? Should i be worried that my chances of having HIV are high? Ive also lost 20 pounds from september till december, and in that timeframe i also took up a manual labour job full time monday to friday, along with playing sports again, but even the weight loss is concerning me. Ive never had any rashes, i had diarhhea a couple times in december but i was eating terrible for a couple days of my exam, but now my digestion is fine. Is the chance of me having HIV high or are these just a coincidence that I am getting these symptoms 11 months after the sex? Please someone help, I am freaking out, cannot sleep, cannot focus in school, and i just wanna crawl in my bed and never leave because I am so worried about this

*My fever has gotten A LOT better in the past 3 days since the wedding, I dont really remember getting a fever at all throughout the year since the unprotected sex, maybe once"

maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 07:51 pm
@jamessmorenburg1,
No one can tell you if you have HIV or not... that is why you get tested. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do but wait. HIV is treatable now and many people live long lives that are happy and full with HIV. Hopefully that helps a bit.

A couple other points.

1) It is quite unlikely for you to get HIV after having unprotected sex one time... even if you know your partner has the virus (and it doesn't sound like you even know if this is the case). HIV is simply not very contagious. Of course, you should still be careful, but it is unlikely to catch HIV in a single encounter.

2) People without HIV get sore throats and have fevers. This is not uncommon at all. People also lose weight for any number of reasons, and it sounds like you had a recent change in your daily routine including your exercise and work life.

Obviously I can't guarantee that you don't have HIV. And, I wish you the best of luck. I am glad that you got tested, you did the right thing.

That being said, there is a good chance that you don't have HIV and that you just got a normal cold after a stressful time, and there is nothing to be gained by worrying... you will be OK either way.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Got STD test done yesterday, Im still worried about HIV
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 01:31:43