maxdancona

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2019 11:51 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't see that anything has come from the Gillette ad but nastiness. I think that was the intent.

I will ask again... there are a number of men following this thread. Has any of us felt inspired to make a positive change, to treat women (or other humans) better or to be less of a bully? I haven't seen any man here say "I need to treat women better..." all I have seen is men (and women) hurling mud at each other.

If just one of us said "I need to treat people better" instead of hurling personal insults at each other, I would feel the ad was a little less ridiculous. If there is such a thing as "toxic masculinity" it seems that smug self-righteousness should be a part of it.

Maybe we should be talking about toxic humanity (since men and women seem equally nasty).

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2019 12:07 am
@glitterbag,
I can’t pull up the link to the article, and now the site won’t let me delete this post. I still think it’s a good article, just couldn’t figure out how to pull up the link.
oralloy

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2019 07:57 am
@glitterbag,
http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/how-should-conversations-about-toxic-masculinity-deal-with-the-toxic-women-who-also-perpetuate-it/2019/01/18/ef4fa976-1a69-11e9-8813-cb9dec761e73_story.html
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:55:54