Child Support Questions

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 03:48 pm
As of current, the father of my son is paying me child support in PA. He left me before getting deployed in April 2017. I asked him to get paperwork drawn up before leaving for custody (2x) and he ignored me. He was sending $200 to our joint acct once deployed in which I was grateful (I was working full-time, school full-time, etc). His mother was made in charge of his finances once he left and my golly that woman interrogated me about paying bills! I finally gained the courage to take him for custody and child support in December 2017. Now that he is back in the states, his support is lowered. I am a full-time PhD student. I have been tossing around the idea of employment...should I expect to pay HIM child support if I do this? We have YET to get a signed custody agreement (he REFUSES TO SIGN). In the support hearing, its recognized as 50/50, but I pay rent, utilities, insurance for our son, etc. plus I spend more time with our son over the father...if I gain employment, should I expect to pay the father support services?

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2019 04:49 pm
@hooverbn,
Get thee to a lawyer.

Yes, I know they're costly.

But your ex'll never sign a custody agreement unless a lawyer pushes him to. And you'll get your questions answered by a (presumably) competent person admitted to practice in your jurisdiction.

You're asking for legal advice, and this site doesn't give it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 03:26 pm
Is the father taking the child for visitation?

For how long?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 16 Jan, 2019 05:14 pm
@hooverbn,
I am curious why he doesn't want to sign the custody agreement. What exactly are you asking him to sign? When my ex-wife and I had a custody agreement I thought was fair, I was happy to sign it.

I agree with the advice to talk to a lawyer. I would also suggest that you be reasonable in the process. Like it or not you have to figure out how to work together and the less you fight the better it is for your child
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Child Support Questions
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 04:17:16