Has the world went to hell in a hand basket?

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 07:52 am
What happened to common curtesy?

What happen to being served with a smile?

What happened with opening the door for those lil old ladies?

How do you drive down the road and keep from being flipped off by someone thats passing you cause you weren't running 15 miles over the speed limit?

Teenagers??? OMG,.........one that we just hired, wears his hat crooked on the side of his head, chews bubble gum...and mumbles when talking to customers. And God forbid it if you hand him a 100 dollar bill...he just crams the money back in thier hands, without counting it back!

What happen to being happy with what you can get or have, but instead people will make you go completely out of thier way to have something else? Do they think they are that special?

I had a teenage girl stomp her foot at me one day...cause we didn't have what she wanted, when she wanted it. And being ME...LOL, I stomped my foot back at her and huffed just like she did, and told her, "I haaate that for you." Then I got glared at.........lmao

Actually...she come in the store in her pj's about 9 one night, on the past 4th of July. And she wanted chicken strips out of the hot box. WE didn't have any. She stomped her foot and huffed, told me in a hateful voice that she'd been babysitting at home all day THAT SHE WAS HUNGRY!
So, I stomped my foot back at her and huffed and told her that I hated that for her, that I had been working in this store since 5 this morning putting up with people like HER! (Yes, I know her, her mother..her father etc...)

WE have one man that wants a Bacon, Egg and Cheese biscuit in the mornings...without the biscuit. Its not like he can peel the biscuit off the damn meat, but helllll nooooooooooo............we have to go and put one together for him.

The other day, I put every known biscuit to man in that hot box, you name we had it. To eleviate this problem, cause mornings are hell. Would you believe, we had one person stand and study that damned hot box and then tell me he wanted one on toast!

WE have this HUGE sign over one area of the front that reads.."PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE". We have 3 foot letters on the front windows of the store that read.."CAFE". I have people that come in the store and made thier way over to the SUB SHOP at 7 in the morning, knowing full well that I'm busy. They will scream my name.........till I come out. And then smile and tell me,.."I need to make an order". I have had them holler through the sub shop.."IS ANYONE HOME...YOOOO HOOOOO". I walk to that window trying to not to give them ..Go to hell looks and ask them what they want? I then point out the VERY LARGE SIGN THAT READS.."PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE". and smile.

Were talking a cafe that will seat 80 and people will act like they don't notice it..." I didn't know you served food here". DUHHH......what do you think we do with all them chairs and tables? Here's YOUR SIGN!

I get my ass eat out if we close early..........due to being out of workers, we had to shut down the cafe early one week. They are regulars...they saw the notice up that morning and then they show up at 2 minutes till time to close and want to throw stomping fits cause we are closing. Or for the 100th time that day, I'm having to explain AGAIN, why we are closing early.

They make my ass want to draw up and take a dip of snuff!!!!! ROTFLMFAO

Where is the common curtesy????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,396 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 07:59 am
Re: Has the world went to hell in a hand basket?
makemeshiver33 wrote:
I get my ass eat out if we close early..........
Quote:

So they have an incentive program then?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:37 am
What about those a-holes who, when you polietly hold the door for some little old couple, start a huge wave of people that rush in leaving you holding the door?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:38 am
Or the kid who whips your fast food bag out the drive thru window without even looking at you....this happened to me the other day....she never even turned her head...the bag was held out the window as I drove up. Nice.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:42 am
Bella Dea wrote:
What about those a-holes who, when you polietly hold the door for some little old couple, start a huge wave of people that rush in leaving you holding the door?

That's tried to happen to me several times...I just let go the door. With a little force. :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:45 am
I don't let nobody push me around. I shove grapefruit in their face if they diss me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:47 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I don't let nobody push me around. I shove grapefruit in their face if they diss me.

That could cause a very uncomfortable stinging sensation for sure. Damn edgar, you're bad ass. I'm glad you're my buddy.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 08:57 am
I think you may be in the wrong business. What happened to the customer is always right? I would also note that things are as they have always been. My father, owned a cleaning store and as a teenager I sometimes worked there. Whenever, a customer would come in and start giving him a hard time he would send me in the back. Knowing full well that I would not be able to handle it. In fact I might just tell the customer off or worse. I had the typical teenage temper. That was in the 40's. The more things change the more they stay the same.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
Quote:
Where is the common curtesy????

We don't get paid enough for common curtesy......not in the world of greed.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 10:22 am
edgarblythe wrote:

That was funny.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 02:05 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Quote:

I seem to remember James Cagney doing just that. What was the name of that movie? Question
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 03:39 pm
I don't recall the name of it.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 03:51 pm
...when the cashier says "have a nice day" without any emotion at all...(not even a smile).
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 03:52 pm
That was in The Public Enemy (1931).
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 03:54 pm
colorbook wrote:
...when the cashier says "have a nice day" without any emotion at all...(not even a smile).

That's the sign saying she doesn't get paid enough to pretend she was happy to be of service.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 04:00 pm
Beat me to it, mac 11. Smile

There is nothing new in any of this, as Au1929 says. Plato, awaay back in b.c. times, quoted Socrates as saying something very similar about the youth of his day, how they no longer had any manners. When I read that, I thought he was talking about the tail end of the 20th century.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 04:13 pm
The fact is that every generation complains about it's youth.
Consider those now complaining were from the 60's generation.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 04:26 pm
colorbook wrote:

Oh jeez come to Europe and you'll find hardly anyone even says "have a nice day" in the first place ...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 04:29 pm
Yeah, I don't expect much, but I do expect to not feel as if I'm putting a wait-person out of joint for asking for a coffee/meal/glass of water......
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2005 05:12 pm
littlek wrote
Quote:
Yeah, I don't expect much, but I do expect to not feel as if I'm putting a wait-person out of joint for asking for a coffee/meal/glass of water......

I guess that is the penalty of life in Boston Embarrassed :wink:
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Has the world went to hell in a hand basket?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 08:27:06