Why You Can't Believe Everything You See on the Net

Reply Sat 9 Apr, 2005 07:30 am
Every once in awhile, I Google my screen name, Phoenix32890. Usually, I find links to things that I have written on A2K, the Raven's Realm, and Abuzz, while it still existed.

Today I did it again. I noticed that my "handle" was showing up on other internet sites, and I became curious. I was evein MORE intrigued when I found my name on a site that involved in learning Chinese. Learning Chinese? I scratched my head. The deepest that I have gotten into that language is to understand the difference between chicken chow mein and moo goo gai pen.

Anyhow, I clicked on the link provided, and this is what I got:

http://www.learnanotherlanguage.info/languages/learn-chinese-in-five-minutes/

The link had a section "Recommended sites". I found the one with my name and clicked on it:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/about947.html

What lesson is to be learned from this? Don't believe everything that you see on the internet. You might have written it yourself! Laughing

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 660 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Zedd

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:32 pm
hmm, i don't really google myself that much, but i guess what you said is possible.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 10:45 pm
Well, I just tried googling myself and found 3,000,000 items on some damn car, Intrepid class boats, some sex thingy and something about literacy. Seems that this Intrepid is a non entity Laughing
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:37 am
Intrepid- That is why it is interesting to have an A2K "handle" that is rather unique!
0 Replies