Anonymous group

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 08:51 am
Hello! My first time posting.

I would like to create a group (preferably on WhatsApp) where all members are anonymous to each other. Any posts they make will be invisible.

The only one who should see the members and their posts is the admin (myself, the creator of the group).

Is this possible to do?

If there is another method to accomplish the same goal, please do suggest it.

Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 955 • Replies: 2
No top replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 09:23 am
There are many apps for anonymous messaging for Android and iPhone users. I would never participate in blind posting or messaging as brings out the worst in people due to no identity of participates
Johnanon123

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2019 09:27 pm
@bunnyhabit ,
Hi bunnyhabit. Thank you for your reply.

The members won't be anonymous per se; they would still be visible to Admin, who will be able to kick them out of the group at anytime if they cause issues.

Also, their posts won't be visible to anybody except Admin. Hence, it is pointless to spam post, or do anything that may disrupt the group since Admin will be the only one to see this, and would be able to kick them if they do this.

The reason this is needed is because my Aunt wants to run for elections, and she wants to know and interact with her supporters directly through this group.

However, as you are aware, supporters usually don't want to reveal their identity or be known to each other.

Therefore, if it is possible to create a group (or something similar) where supporters can join without them being visible to each other, but visible to my Aunt (the Admin), it would be of great help.

Also, I have checked on the AppStore and GooglePlay. There does not seem to be any app that supports this type of "group".

Once again, thank you for your reply.
0 Replies