ICE and Border Patrol agents are now working without pay...

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 02:03 pm
... is it wrong for me to find that funny?

(I do feel bad about the other government employees effected by the shutdown).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 288 • Replies: 5
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jan, 2019 02:14 pm
And another thing I don't understand...

How is shutting down the US government going to convince Mexico to pay for the wall?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 06:09 am
I saw somewhere that the union that supports government workers has filed a wage theft suit against the government saying that you can't force people to work without pay. They filed a similar suit in another shutdown and won damages.

PS: link
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 11:54 am
@engineer,
If I understand correctly, the result was the employees receiving double pay after the fact, right?
engineer

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 12:22 pm
@maxdancona,
According to the article, yes. Here is a website that addresses the suit: http://www.shutdownlawsuit.com/

If all the airports were closed over the holidays because the TSA agents weren't getting paid, that would get Congress to stop this garbage.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2019 12:24 pm
@engineer,
I was out of the country, and returned after the shutdown started. It would have been interesting had there been no customs official to let me back in.

On the other hand, having to wait it out in Mexico maybe wouldn't be such a bad thing.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » ICE and Border Patrol agents are now working without pay...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:29:43