No top replies

hightor

Mon 17 Dec, 2018 06:26 am
@isabellathackeray,
An Instance of the Fingerpost by Iain Pears
0 Replies

Setanta

Mon 17 Dec, 2018 06:46 am
Assuming that you refer to contemporary authors, I recommend Tigerlily's Orchids by Ruth Rendell (although she died in 2915, I think she can be considered contemporary). That novel is interesting because the central character is an apartment building, or a condominium building (what is called a block of flats in the UK). She was very prolific, and wrote quite a few novels. I also recommend I Found You by Lisa Jewell. Finally, I recommend The Lying Game by Ruth Ware.

If you simply mean novels in the English language, then there is a forest of recent novels you might try. One rather bizarre and interesting novel which I have read recently is Lexicon: A Novel by the Australian writer Max Barry. I have also recently read a thriller novel by Deon Meyer, Blood Safari. Despite the title, it is not terribly gory, and the writing is excellent. Apparently, he writes in Afrikaans, and his books are then translated into English.
Seeyahi

Mon 17 Dec, 2018 08:10 am
@isabellathackeray,
The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Mon 17 Dec, 2018 08:35 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Assuming that you refer to contemporary authors, I recommend Tigerlily's Orchids by Ruth Rendell (although she died in 2915, I think she can be considered contemporary).

She died almost 900 years into our future? How old was she when she passed? Or did she use a time machine to get there? Wink
0 Replies

dorothybealm

Fri 22 Feb, 2019 04:50 am
Need more detailes. What genres do you prefer?
0 Replies