Opera problem with hotmail

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 04:14 pm
Hello all;

I am using an Opera browsing software. All pages are accessible. However when I try to go to the www.hotmail.com page, I recieve the following message in the page from Opera:

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

What can I do to fix it?

Please advise

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 4,729 • Replies: 5
No top replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 05:54 pm
almost 400 views and not 1 reply!! hmmm .. strange
0 Replies

ziggy smiles24

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2005 08:56 am
hotmail runtime error solution
Hi! I don't know if you found a solution or not, but I was having the same problem and just discovered it.

Go to tools, internet options, and click on the languages button. Remove all languages.

I guess that hotmail just can't handle it if there is more than one language.

Hope that helps.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2005 03:29 am
it worked!!!

FINALLY!!!!

thanks babe
0 Replies

someguy1980

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2005 10:26 am
Re: Opera Hotmail server / runtime error -- problem solution
I had this exact same problem. I'm not sure why it works, but I'm confirming that this method actually does fix the problem:

Go to File->Preferences->Languages and remove all languages from the 'Preferred language for web pages' box.
0 Replies

Oldsmobile Mike

Reply Sat 6 Aug, 2005 10:58 am
I am having this same problem - with Internet Explorer!
Hi,

I get this same runtime error every time I try to load hotmail.com in Internet Explorer - any solutions???

Thanks!
0 Replies