Adult children

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 04:54 pm
I give my adult children cash for Christmas. Always the same amount. Two are now married, what should I give their spouses?

jespah

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 05:00 pm
@Decemberrose,
Ask! Should be kinda obvious to them that you need to balance the whole cash thing. Maybe the married couples can start a new tradition, where instead of cash, you have a lovely dinner with them?
0 Replies

Laurex

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2018 05:02 pm
@Decemberrose,
In my family Christmas is for family ie our children, grandchildren maybe cousins. Where our families gather around the dinner table on Christmas day to enjoy the actual love definition of family.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 3 Dec, 2018 08:08 am
@Decemberrose,
Decemberrose wrote:

I give my adult children cash for Christmas. Always the same amount. Two are now married, what should I give their spouses?

Is this a question of ethics or financial (where money might be too tight for you to give all parties involved ... including spouses)?

X = the amount of cash you give each individual child.
If you can afford it and are comfortable:
Give each individual the X amount of cash or
give each couple X+ (all the way up to 2x).

Take the cash and buy a couple's gift.
If money is an issue:
Just let them know that you don't feel comfortable with continuing the past tradition. Evolve the yearly gift of cash into ...
like Jespah said... an affordable dinner for you and the couple; etc....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Adult children
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 09:26:56