How do I tell me wife she is overweight?

farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 05:07 am
@TheCobbler,
diet control only will also have less than satisfactory results. Your body quickly learns to maintain itself on fewer calories unless we actively burn them in moderate exercise. Ive used both and have resumed my hot girlish figure and my weight loss did not have any flab.
I lost about 45 pounds in bout a year and change. Weight lifting and Walking on natural surfaces with some tricky footwork as the weight dropped was my exercise ticket.

I tried the "cardboard diet" by itself (eating **** like "Weight Watchers stuff". It was only mildly successful and peaked at about 12 pounds after a few weeks. When I began portion control along with daily exercise, my results were spectacular and eating became less of a prison sentence, I still eat what I like but am ed to portion control. Ill eat a 6 OZ steak And highly spiced veggies with a garlicky mash tater treat every week or so. I eats a lotta brown grains and winter veggies .
Its my "portion and Motion" program. It required no learning curve if I do about 1 to 1.5 hours of quick motion on a natural floor like a forest r field.
I tried a gym, an thought most of the people there were kinda shallow, I had a mission, they were repeating a habit. I lasted one week .

I have to practice some form of Special Olympics regimen for two months or so. Im not yet beginning till my PT guy and the hospital dietitians give me program thats wheelchair based. I dont wanna pork up while Im healing.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 05:33 am
This is probably a good time to point out that men and women lose weight very, very differently.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 05:45 am
@jespah,
so strength training is even more important for women if this relates to the higher muscle mass in man-- V--fatty tissue in women.

Im in my 60's and my testosterone has been declining that I can sing soprano, Still, my weight loss wasnt as arduous as I was told itd be for older guys.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 06:35 am
@TheCobbler,
Obesity isn't an injury. I don't pound my joints. I'm not an idiot about this. I walk. Obese people can -- and should -- walk.

Don't believe me? Then believe over 10 million people on SparkPeople who walk and swim and do any number of exercises.

Here's a workout: https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=high_intensity_lowimpact_do_anywhere_cardio_workout
And an article: https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1600
And another: https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=262
And another: https://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?ID=2175
And another: https://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=you_asked_will_fasting_jumpstart_my_weightloss_efforts_and_boost_my_health
And yet another: https://www.everydayhealth.com/type-2-diabetes/living-with/fasting-safely-with-diabetes/

In the interests of full disclosure, I don't work for SparkPeople.

And please stop telling a diabetic to only eat one time per day. That's not just ignorant; it's outright dangerous for someone with uncontrolled blood sugar.

If this is working for you then hey, go for it. I do what my doctor -- who actually specializes in the overweight and obese -- tells me.

I am well aware that calorie reduction helps you lose weight. I have been doing calorie reduction every day for years. People should be doing both.

But hey, you'll keep preaching semi-fasting. And if it works for you, then it works for you. But you are not an expert. Neither am I; I just read them.
farmerman

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 09:07 am
@jespah,
what do you suggest as a less stressful (skeletal wise) would you consider for me while Im recouping???
My PT is like a torture rack and I dont have any of the machinery. Im about to begin walking with canes next week. Im on crutches now.
Dont mean to bust this up but I wanna keep my weight from ballooning
Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 09:59 am
@TheCobbler,
TheCobbler wrote:

I assume you think a wife should stay with her husband who beats on her. What're a few light slams here and there? (cynical)

Again is this person for real?

How can one equate violence and physical harm to someone being overweight?

One is illegal (beating another person - just in case you do not understand that); the other is a result as it seems of this woman having medical issues and is trying to work through them.

Obesity is not a form of self-abuse - unless of course this person is intentionally trying to overeat. We can only go by the poster which makes this situation sound like she had some medical issues and put on weight as a result.

Now that she is recovering she is in a position to lower her weight. I am not "into obese people", however, I am into being caring about others no matter what they look like.

I gave suggestions about how to help her, WITHOUT insulting her. As I as well as many others stated she is aware she is overweight - this is a grown woman - coming out and being brutally honest about her being overweight could very likely cause her to be depressed and increase things like overeating.

Doing things with your wife that will help decrease her weight and make her feel better about herself will be much more effective than insulting her.
Linkat

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 10:04 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

what do you suggest as a less stressful (skeletal wise) would you consider for me while Im recouping???
My PT is like a torture rack and I dont have any of the machinery. Im about to begin walking with canes next week. Im on crutches now.
Dont mean to bust this up but I wanna keep my weight from ballooning

Hey have you asked your Physical therapist what you can do at home without machinery?

My daughters have both been through PT countless times - talk about your sports injuries - any way their Physical therapists were great about giving them exercises to do at home and how they can do similar ones they had at PT without any machinery. They even printed them off with suggestions on how much they should do.
jespah

Reply Wed 5 Dec, 2018 11:43 am
@Linkat,
I had a similar experience, where the PT printed off or emailed home exercise info. Generally what they would do is to work to strengthen the neighboring areas, e. g. your knees tend to be in less pain if your thighs pick up some of the slack. At least that's my understanding of what they told me.
0 Replies

TheCobbler

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2018 12:24 am
@Linkat,
How can one equate physical abuse with physical abuse? lol
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 05:47:33