A Plea to All Fanatical Celebrity Worshippers: Kill Yourself

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:43 pm
Here's a picture of a supporter outside the courthouse at Michael Jackson's trial.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAARA6MaeJdo8!Md2*Xo*kNF1RTejKCCck0K!!!Z3GKg!rh04OORbNfAPew6ItpDBRDwxLka6NuoSM4yVR*zJz9EOInpVGgFy6ZzbQ8WRjBeie7bTT11sWKyQDgcovHd/MichaelJacksonNut.jpg

Now, this is not some teenybopper who is just confused and stupid, like most teens are, following her idol. This is a grown woman, standing outside the courthouse at the trial of a person who she doesn't even know, a person who probably has no idea she even exists, with a sign that she probably spent hours thinking about, deciding how to lay it out, and creating with her own hands.

This boggles my mind. How do people get to this point?

I am fascinated by this phenomenon, this celebrity worship. It sickens me that there are actually grown human beings out there who get so emotionally attached to a celebrity that they go to these idiotic lengths.

I mean, I can see having an opinion, but if you are over the age of...let's see, what's a good age...let's be generous here...if you are over the age of 20 years old, and you find yourself standing outside a courthouse with a sign proclaiming the innocence or guilt of some celebrity, please, I beg you, take your sign, soak it in gasoline, wrap yourself up in it, and light it on fire. We need the space for the real people.

That's all I wanted to say. Thank you for your time.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,445 • Replies: 39
No top replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:44 pm
yowza.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 07:49 pm
Look at those sunk in cheeks. she looks like someone removed her feeding tube. What a maroon.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:01 pm
So what's the answer? Why? HOW? I don't understand how people become this f*cking detached from REALITY!!!!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:11 pm
They are spoon fed this crap to turn their brains into mush so that they don't pay attention to things like this

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7331220/
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:12 pm
The women who lust after guys in jail scare me more. Scott Peterson, murderer of his wife and baby, has received numerous marriage proposals since his conviction. What is wrong with people like that? Yo chick - he killed his wife and child, what makes him seem like good husband material?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:16 pm
maybe they just like it rough ya know?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
I'm still just completely baffled by it. They aren't spoonfed this crap. It's not like they are forced into watching this stuff. They decide. They feed their own sickness. That's the real amazing part to me.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:36 pm
I'm guessing their idiotic parents marched them off to protest one cause or another when they were children, such as those brought to the hospice where Terri Schiavo was staying. I saw kids there with their parents on the TV coverage this morning and shook my head in dismay. Ten years from now those kids will be holding signs like this one.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:43 pm
Some turn out like what'sisname, the guy who tried to kill Reagan and ended up crippling Brady. He was in love with Jodie Foster, a person he had seen only on the silver screen. It boggles the mind, if any or at all.

I'm happy to say I don't understand any part of celebrity worship. I don't even understand why there are fan clubs for people whose only function in life is to entertain us.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:45 pm
Can't see Britney putting lyrics in her songs advising her fans to top themselves. Perhaps the secret is for her to advocate killing the fans of other pop-stars whilst they do the same for her. Maybe a 'Jim Jones Memorial Concert and Kool-Aid Tasting' might be better than a Woodstock replay??
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:49 pm
I like the way you think, Stillwater.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:03 pm
Well, I guess we people have a bit of a desire to lose ourselves in "peak experiences".

Like religion, drugs, politics - I mean, the people waving flags and pompoms and such at the political rallies you folk have strike me the same - and who the SMEG invented cheer-leading (oh - I forgot sports fanaticism...)
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:15 pm
If not for cheerleading Trent Lott and George Bush could have never lettered in college, so watch it lady.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:17 pm
But the political/religious things I can actually understand...I think those people are f*cking idiots too, but I understand it. At least with religion and politics it's something bigger than you that you are supporting/trying to change...there's some big issue or cause there usually. But with celeb worship, it's just that you like this idiot that you've never met! It's absolutely insane!

I do think the sports fanatiscism is another version of this though. I guess it's about peer pressure at some level? Still, that can only go so far. To take that extra step where it becomes your life is just beyond what I can understand.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:19 pm
And, perhaps the convict fascination is yet different - I think women think that these men just need a caring supportive woman to help them change their ways.

I don't get the Jack-o thing.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:22 pm
It was the same way with Kobe Bryant too. I remember seeing wackos outside that courthouse too, and they are just absolutely conviinced that the guy is innocent! Crazy ****.

I'm tellin' ya, these people are dragging us all down. Darwin award nominees, every last one of 'em.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:23 pm
I think you missunderstand the Darwin awards.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:28 pm
No, I think you misunderstand what I said.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 09:28 pm
ooookaaaayyy....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » A Plea to All Fanatical Celebrity Worshippers: Kill Yourself
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/11/2024 at 03:40:51