Lies and deceit

daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:03 am
7: al-A'raf

19. And you, Adam, inhabit the Garden, you and your wife, and eat whatever you wish; but do not approach this tree, lest you become sinners.”

20. But Satan whispered to them, to reveal to them their nakedness, which was invisible to them. He said, “Your Lord has only forbidden you this tree, lest you become angels, or become immortals.”

21. And he swore to them, “I am a sincere advisor to you.”

22. So he lured them with deceit. And when they tasted the tree, their nakedness became evident to them, and they began covering themselves with the leaves of the Garden. And their Lord called out to them, “Did I not forbid you from this tree, and say to you that Satan is a sworn enemy to you?”

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

My 'heart' is a sworn enemy to myself?

Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

above 'ALL' things. Does this include, Satan, itself/himself/herself/etc???

Is the 'heart' MORE deceitful than God's?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,256 • Replies: 3
No top replies

daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 10:12 am
@daverod,
Enjoying life with others with similar interests can be 'fun'. Even 'unlawfulness', when the supplies are offered, can be 'fun'.

And like every party, the party is only as 'fun' as the ones in attendance.
daverod

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 01:03 pm
@daverod,
Have you noticed yet?

Have you noticed the difference(s) between a 'cush' life and a life of awareness?

Life around the U.S is becoming the 'cush' life. The easy life. But when certain verses are read such as the ones in the above Qur'an verses, it wakens the mind up again. It shows the reality of the 'cush' life many are living in. So if that 'cush' life seems to go contrary to what God is trying to say, what could that mean to that 'cush' lifestyle many seem to be accepting as Godly and acceptable?

And so AGAIN, I ask. What are those who are being 'sedated' into this 'cush' lifestyle involuntarily supposed to do? What can they do? What are they ABLE to do?

Time in and time out many ask, 'What can I do'? 'What can I do'? 'God, what can I do'?

But nothing. Why would there be no answer or no guidance to those that continually keep asking, 'God, then what can I do'?

Soon, His Words become as ornaments. Ornaments around a tree waiting to be taken down after the 'season' is passed. Ornaments ready to be taken down after the Godliness is gone to be lived in a 'cush' life thinking and believing as Hananiah and the others did.

Let us assume that many wanted and tried to listen to Jeremiah when he was sent. What of those? Where could they have gone or were they to have gone down with the others as well although they wanted and tried to 'heed' what Jeremiah was saying. So what of those? What of those that continually ask, 'God, then what can I do about Your message through Jeremiah'? 'What can I do'? Why would they need to sit around and wait around with the mockers of God waiting for something they did not even want to be a part of but rather kept asking, 'God, then WHAT CAN I DO'?

Would it be because of my lack of traveling knowledge or 'worldly knowledge' of how to migrate, emigrate, etc... that I would be kept in a place full of mockers towards God's Message?

Would they had to have suffered due to their Godliness in the first place by being faithful and obedient to their home and family all their lives in which they never 'learned' those 'world knowledges' that they would need to receive those things which those mockers would?
daverod

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2018 01:19 pm
@daverod,
When the angel calls forth to 'come out of her', and when they ask, 'How'?, what are they supposed to do if they lack the 'worldly graces' of travel and duo citizenships?

'Peace, peace', they continually keep saying. 'Peace, peace'. But there is no peace. Why do they continually say, 'Peace, peace' as if I'm supposed to believe I should live in a 'cush' kind of lifestyle?

Is it 'wrong' to put God's Words ahead of mans' ?
0 Replies