Not doing a thing

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 04:48 pm
008:012
Sahih International:
[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.

This is the English translation. It does not condone 'striking' necks or 'striking' from them every fingertip. This is not what this is saying. What it is saying is to correct, to rebuke, to discipline, to reprove.

I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved. When the Qur'an was completed, the majority of those living in those communities turned away from their self-ways to begin following the way(s) of Allah. Many turned away from cannibalism and other acts after the Law and Word(s) of Allah came to them.

30. When the disbelievers plotted against you, to imprison you, or kill you, or expel you. They planned, and God planned, but God is the Best of planners.

58. If you fear treachery on the part of a people, break off with them in a like manner. God does not like the treacherous.

[7:51] Those who took their religion lightly, and in jest, and whom the worldly life deceived. Today We will ignore them, as they ignored the meeting on this Day of theirs, and they used to deny Our revelations.

[2:114] Who is more unjust than him who forbids the remembrance of God's name in places of worship, and contributes to their ruin? These ought not to enter them except in fear. For them is disgrace in this world, and for them is a terrible punishment in the Hereafter.

[3:64] Say, "O People of the Book, come to terms common between us and you: that we worship none but God, and that we associate nothing with Him, and that none of us takes others as lords besides God." And if they turn away, say, "Bear witness that we have submitted."

[4:153] The People of the Scripture challenge you to bring down to them a book from the sky. They had asked Moses for something even greater. They said, "Show us God plainly." The thunderbolt struck them for their wickedness. Then they took the calf for worship, even after the clear proofs had come to them. Yet We pardoned that, and We gave Moses a clear authority.

[5:72] They disbelieve those who say, "God is the Messiah the son of Mary." But the Messiah himself said, "O Children of Israel, worship God, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever associates others with God, God has forbidden him Paradise, and his dwelling is the Fire. The wrongdoers have no saviors."

Mary is Mary
Elizabeth is Elizabeth
Mary is not Elizabeth
Elizabeth is not Mary.

God IS God
The Father IS The Father
The Messiah IS The Messiah.

God is not The Father
The Father is not The Messiah
The Messiah is not God

Angels are angels
Humans are humans
Angels can be humans
Humans can be angels.

Holy angels are holy angels
Angels are angels
Holy angels are not angels
Angels are not Holy Angels.
Humans cannot be holy Angels
Holy Angels cannot be humans.

008:012
Sahih International:
[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip.

The Lord is talking to 'the angels'.

Revelation 3:14
"And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;"

32. aggelos
Strong's Exhaustive Concordance
angel, messenger.
From aggello (probably derived from ago; compare agele) (to bring tidings); a messenger; especially an "angel"; by implication, a pastor -- angel, messenger.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 961 • Replies: 5
No top replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:03 pm
@daverod,
Acts 21:8 "And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him."

evangelist:

2099. euaggelistés
evangelist.
From euaggelizo; a preacher of the gospel -- evangelist.

see GREEK euaggelizo

2097. euaggelizó
declare, bring good tidings, preach the gospel.
From eu and aggelos; to announce good news ("evangelize") especially the gospel -- declare, bring (declare, show) glad (good) tidings, preach (the gospel).

And we can all agree that not all Pastors or Evangelists are 'holy Angels'.
daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:11 pm
@daverod,
Daniel 10:1 "But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince."

Daniel 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

Daniel 10: 20 "Then said he, Knowest thou wherefore I come unto thee? and now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia shall come."

Mikael could be an 'angel' to the Persians or Greeks. Mikael could be a 'Pastor' or 'Evangelist' for Persia or Greece.

Or both 'Pastor/Evangelist' and Prince.

Daniel 12:1 "And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."

This verse does not denote a positive alliance. Mikael shall 'stand up', for, the children ...

shall stand up:
5975. amad
abide behind, appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed,

over:
5921. al
above, according to, after, as against, among, and, as, at,

of your people:
5971. am
folk, men, nation, people
From amam; a people (as a congregated unit); specifically, a tribe (as those of Israel); hence (collectively) troops or attendants; figuratively, a flock -- folk, men, nation, people.

2 Thessalonians 2:4 "Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God."

But even this Mikael is a human being and not a holy angel but could possibly be a Pastor/Evangelist angel. And that could be why he/she exalts himself above ALL others that is called 'God', or is worshipped; so that he, thinking to be God, sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

But no man has seen God at any time.

1 John 4:12 "No man hath seen God at any time..."

John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him."
daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 05:37 pm
@daverod,
Acts 26:25 "But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus; but speak forth the words of truth and soberness."

4997. sóphrosuné
soberness, sobriety.
From sophron; soundness of mind, i.e. (literally) sanity or (figuratively) self-control -- soberness, sobriety.

Titus 2:6 " Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded."

4993. sóphroneó
be in right mind, be sober minded
From sophron; to be of sound mind, i.e. Sane, (figuratively) moderate -- be in right mind, be sober (minded), soberly.

0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:11 pm
@daverod,
Quote:
over:
5921. al
above, according to, after, as against, among, and, as, at,

for your:

daverod

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 11:19 pm
@daverod,
Daniel 11:38 "But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."

He will honour the 'God' of forces: and a god whom his fathers did not know.

There are several new 'forces' today. Nuclear force being one of them. Another 'force' being the 'dollar bill'.

1862: The first one-dollar bill was issued as a Legal Tender Note (United States Note) with a portrait of Salmon P. Chase, the Secretary of the Treasury under President Abraham Lincoln.
- wiki

The science of atomic radiation, atomic change and nuclear fission was developed from 1895 to 1945.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/current-and-future-generation/outline-history-of-nuclear-energy.aspx

Daniel 11:38 "But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."

He will honour the 'God' of forces: and a god whom his fathers did not know.

It isn't that there are 'treasures' in his 'estate'. It is that he 'honors' those treasures more than he does God. Those 'God' of forces more than God Himself.

Practically everyone does 'wrong' in this in one way or another.

Imagine if, Daniel 11:38 "But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things."

was speaking about individual 'homes' and 'houses'. Individual families and communities.. Then what might the question be?
0 Replies