Dogs and Leaves

Linkat

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 09:58 pm
Anyone have a dog that loves leaves? My kids' pup is experiencing his first fall. He loves leaves. He hunts them and catches them when they blow in the wind. He jumps in the piles of leaves like kids do. He tries to sneak them in the house.

I've seen this with a cat I had before but never with any of my dogs. Curious if other dogs love to play in and with leaves.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 470 • Replies: 5
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 08:47 am
@Linkat,
Eagerly awaiting the fierce leaf hunting stories THAT MUST FOLLOW in this thread.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 09:05 am
@tsarstepan,
Wait no longer!!! Yep, all my dogs loved to play with leaves when they were puppies. The Vizslas still love to pick up leaves and when we mulch, she brings in he largest pieces until she gets bored. She hasn’t gotten bored yet.
Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 09:55 am
@glitterbag,
My cat used to love "hunting" leaves. I lived in a condo that had a balcony. I used to leave my door open so the cats to go out on the balcony and soak up the sun. One cat would hunt leaves as they blew onto the balcony and bring them in the house and pile them up one on top of the other.

I guess this is the house cat version of leaving dead mice on your doorstep.

To be honest I prefer the dead leaves.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 09:57 am
@glitterbag,
This little pup - although he just passed his one year mark - he will pounce on the leaves and then grab a mouthful in his mouth and shake it like he is making a great kill.

He is 9 pounds of ferociousness.
0 Replies

drillersmum85

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 01:30 am
@Linkat,
Straight away I thought : that scenario would be great for a video clip on YouTube. So far I can only imagine it, which is fine. Just love the puppy chasing the leaves. Ages ago I had a little pup who loved tennis balls. She lived for 17 years. Maybe the chasing of the tennis balls helped her longevity.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dogs and Leaves
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:21:35