The resistance

daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:33 am
The resistance of getting into the 'good' in a person's life is strange. There are many accounts of how certain persons who lived a certain lifestyle, when they decided to get out of that lifestyle into a 'better' lifestyle, faced opposition and some kind of resistance.

Their choice and desire was not enough for them to transition into the 'better' lifestyle. But it was with toil and tears and hardships and pain which they had to endure before they entered into that 'better' lifestyle. Why would a person who seeks to enter into that better lifestyle meet such opposition and resistance to entering? Why wouldn't that transition be an easy, welcoming one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,051 • Replies: 8
No top replies

daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:37 am
@daverod,
Looking at current attempts of same sex gendered persons of sexual orientation, it is evident that many of such persons who desire and choose to leave those lifestyles, for whatever reason, face hardships and oppositions and resistances in their personal life. They face the struggles as if needing to 'detox' off of heroin or as if they need to 'detox' as if off of some other 'substance'. They go through these struggles and fights, daily and weekly, before they might be able to 'break' away from that lifestyle. But why should it be this way? Why should a choice to leave a certain lifestyle to enter into God's Way be so difficult and needing such personal 'effort' and struggles and toils to be able to enter in God's Way and leave those way(s) which a person desires to?
daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:41 am
@daverod,
These 'oppositions' and 'resistances' are not from other believers. No. They are not from other 'believers'. They occur even when the person desiring to leave that lifestyle is alone and trying to figure out what they are doing 'wrong' so as to not be 'entering' in but rather 'toiling' and 'struggling' with pain and sometimes suicidal heaviness for not being able to enter in 'properly'. And so they begin to think that it must be due to reasons of 'not following/adhering' to God's Way(s) properly enough that they are being hindered. And to this they seek to wonder by which 'Law' or 'Standard' of God they are falling 'short' upon. And they begin another cycle of trying to 'do things right' with God just to be able to enter into that 'better' life. And with these new attempts, more struggles and more hardships and more pain and toils are received.

But entering into the better life with God does not require 'doing things right'. It does not require some kind of 'sacrifice' or 'offering' which God needs to first accept. So why would that person need to struggle, fight, toil, pain through and labor sometimes with suicidal heaviness to just be able to enter into that lifestyle which offers those things which that person or individual might be seeking to be a part of? Or getting away, leaving, a lifestyle they are seeking to leave or get away from?
daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:59 am
@daverod,
This is wretched and poor. And it is also very frightening and sad.
daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:03 am
@daverod,
So yes, God loves me, this I know for the Holy Bible tells it so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is Strong. So yes, God loves me, so why am I in cuts and scars for wanting to leave those lifestyles I agree are not good for myself? Not 'good' for myself even according to HIS Own Word(s)?

Is there a certain set of 'spiritual' physics rules that need to first be 'met' before any 'good' can come?

How many years? How many years must a person live this way before 'entering' in?
daverod

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:11 am
@daverod,
Tell me, you who claim to know the Written Word. What is your first language? In what language do you read The Holy Bible in? To which language was The Holy texts written?

Tell me, you who claim to know The Written Word.

In which language do you 'free' others with? In which language do you speak of The Holy Words with? Which language is your first language or language most fluent? Then how can you say that you are knowledgeable of the Holy Texts if you do not even read them in your own first language, the language you are most fluent in?

Tell me, you who give pearls to the ravenous. By whom and to whom are you doing these things?
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 05:41 pm
@daverod,
daverod wrote:

So yes, God loves me, this I know for the Holy Bible tells it so. Little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is Strong. So yes, God loves me, so why am I in cuts and scars for wanting to leave those lifestyles I agree are not good for myself? Not 'good' for myself even according to HIS Own Word(s)?

Is there a certain set of 'spiritual' physics rules that need to first be 'met' before any 'good' can come?

How many years? How many years must a person live this way before 'entering' in?

Really it depends on the specifics of what you are talking about, but in general sin carries with it attachment. If sin wasn't pleasurable and addictive, why would anyone choose it over goodness and virtue?

Humans are social and so the attachment we experience with sin isn't limited to ourselves. We are connected into social networks that resonate with our sins and that we resonate with.

So when you are trying to change your ways and detach from things you know are bad and wrong, there are going to be resistances that attempt to deter you from doing so.

Think of it in terms of the codependent relationship between a drug user and drug dealer. If you are the dealer and you try to leave your responsibilities of acting as a liaison between producers and users, you are going to get negative feedback both from your suppliers who rely on you to distribute and collect money for them; as well as negative feedback from your customers who rely on you to provide them with their substance they are addicted to and assure them that they aren't dealing with a dealer who will get them in trouble.

If you are a user and you're trying to quit using and go free, your body/mind is going to be hurting you with withdrawal symptoms of your addiction; plus your dealer is going to be pushing you to give up resisting and just fall back into using and giving up your money on a regular schedule.

So you see, in this example alone, it is a painful and difficult process to withdraw from such a negative situation, and you cannot predict how long or short it will take until the negative/painful symptoms (both psychological and social) subside. You just have to keep bearing your cross and enduring suffering in hopes of deliverance. The more you count your blessings and focus awareness on how things could be worse, you will appreciate God's grace and mercy, because just imagine how much worse things would be if they were as bad as they could possibly be!
daverod

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 07:10 pm
@livinglava,
Reply to livinglava

Think of it in terms of the codependent relationship between a drug user and drug dealer. If you are the dealer and you try to leave your responsibilities of acting as a liaison between producers and users, you are going to get negative feedback both from your suppliers who rely on you to distribute and collect money for them; as well as negative feedback from your customers who rely on you to provide them with their substance they are addicted to and assure them that they aren't dealing with a dealer who will get them in trouble.

If you are a user and you're trying to quit using and go free, your body/mind is going to be hurting you with withdrawal symptoms of your addiction; plus your dealer is going to be pushing you to give up resisting and just fall back into using and giving up your money on a regular schedule.

--

But this is for those that might not necessarily want to make that change. For those that do want to make that change, it might be more of a withdrawal than a struggle to break free?
livinglava

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2018 12:49 pm
@daverod,
daverod wrote:

But this is for those that might not necessarily want to make that change. For those that do want to make that change, it might be more of a withdrawal than a struggle to break free?

I thought you were asking how long the spiritual benefits take to arrive, so I was explaining a realistic scenario that you could image. If people don't want spiritual benefits, they just go on pursuing the dream of materialism without consequences, which leads them to consequences and suffering that they don't understand, so they complain about life being unfair and seek others to blame than themselves, including God Himself.
0 Replies