Buried black plastic pipe in my backyard

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 07:54 am
I noticed in my backyard, I have a small bubbling of water coming out from the ground. After carefully digging around it (not too deep) its a black plastic pipe with a cap on the end. About 2" from the cap, it has 2 holes (leaks) in it causing the water to rush out (small bubbling fountain). We have had constant rain for several days. I'm trying to find out what this pipe is used for and should I call the water company or a plumber? Thanks for the help!

engineer

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 08:10 am
@kelhand311,
It sounds like an access line for an underground drainage pipe. You say the cap has two holes (leaks). Do these holes look like they are there intentionally? You could always replace the cap if it is damaged. It might be worth a call to the city/county office to see if there is a drainage system they know about. Often builders put stuff like this in and don't have to inform the local government office but usually they are up on what builders do for drainage.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 08:13 am
@kelhand311,
I hope you just didn't stumble onto some major faulty component to a backyard septic tank.

Do you have a septic tank for waste storage or are you tied to a town or city sewerage system?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 03:24 pm
What’s the pipe size? Diameter.

Could be a section of an old lawn sprinkler system.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Buried black plastic pipe in my backyard
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 12:50:28