Worried about these medicine - Rivotril 0.5 mg(Clonazpam) and Faverin 50mg(fluvoxamine maleate)

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:16 pm
I am Indian working in Dubai as a Software Developer since 2000. I was having sleeping issue because I have to wake up early morning around 5 AM to go to office, office timing starts at 7 AM. I was suffering from anxiety & depression problems and doing some wrong activates, thinking unwanted issues, panic and fear for small and tiny issues. I have consulted Psychiatrist in March 2015, he asked me to make completed blood test including thyroid, all blood test results are positive except cholesterol level, he had prescribed me Rivotril 0.5 mg (Clonazpam) and Faverin 50mg Half (fluvoxamine maleate 50mg), and I am taking these medicine since then. Wrong activates, thinking unwanted issues, panic and fear for small issues are reduced around 75%.

I would like to know about these medicine:

1) These medicine have side effects, if there are side effects, what are they?
2) Shell I need to take these medicine lifelong?
3) Are these medicine affect brain, nerves eyes, kidneys?
4) Past three months, I am having pain in my back side of right side head and nerves in my neck, this may be due to these medicine.

I am worried about these medicine, please advise me sir?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 943 • Replies: 2
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 07:45 am
When you got your prescriptions you should have gotten literature or packaging answering all your questions. Or you can just google “side effects of ..”

You seem to be under a lot of stress and it can come out as headaches and neck pain. Your body is being stressed out, too.

What can you do to deal with job stress? Exercise? Therapy? New job? Work less? Vacation? Socialize more?

Maybe people on this site can share how they reduce stress because of work.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 08:27 am
@ariff1012,
These are questions for a doctor. I tend to take as little medication as I can, but if after talking to a doctor I need it, so be it. In the US it is standard to get a second opinion (from another doctor) and if you have questions maybe a second opinion would be helpful.

I agree with Punkey... Exercise and social interaction is important. Talk therapy (where you speak with a therapist) is often very helpful with or without medication.
0 Replies