Went on 3 great dates and now she ghosted out of nowhere

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 08:36 am
I will make it as simple as possible. A waitress will give you her number because you caught her eye. You took her on 3 great dates, kiss on the first date and everything goes great including texting convos. Then one day you text her she doesn't reply for hours then tells you she was sick the whole day. You text her back and ask if she wants to go out soon after she feels better. Then she doesn't reply to that, you wait 4 days and text her again with a nice message saying you want to see her again and like her. She still doesn't reply. No reasons given, nothing. I'm very confused and don't know why that person wouldn't just tell you the reasons when there didn't seem to be any reason for her to ghost you in the first place?

jespah

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 09:53 am
@chrischris81,
She was already ghosting you after the first non-reply. Being sick was an excuse. And then the rest of it.

She may have changed her mind; an ex may have come back into her life -- who knows?

Or cares, for that matter. You had a nice few dates. And ... that's it. Let it go, and move on.
chrischris81

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:00 am
@jespah,
I don't think she lied about being sick. I mean the convo we had the day before was great with hearts and kisses. Definitely seemed more interested in me than I was but I did show her that I cared and liked her. Literally didn't see that coming. I would have had my doubts if something went wrong or if I was the one chasing her or fought to get her number or what not. I just want to know how I can get her to at least explain what went wrong. I honestly couldn't care less if she just lost interest overnight, just wanna know what made a girl clearly into you who talked about you to family and friends go from being a sweetheart to a ghost in less than 24hours.
Should I keep waiting?
jespah

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:04 am
@chrischris81,
chrischris81 wrote:

... I just want to know how I can get her to at least explain what went wrong.
This won't happen. It was three dates, not three years. It was a casual few dates. She doesn't owe you an explanation. If she was your fiancée, if you had been dating for 3+ months, your wife, then hell yeah, you're entitled to an explanation. Not here.

chrischris81 wrote:
I honestly couldn't care less if she just lost interest overnight.
You're sure not acting like it.

chrischris81 wrote:
Should I keep waiting?
No. Chalk it up to passing the time pleasantly for a few lovely evenings and move on.
chrischris81

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:04 am
@jespah,
I guess you're right.
What if she decides to write back? Man up and tell her to go f herself or let her stomp on your head? I mean we sill follow eachother on social media insta, snapchat and twitter...
ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:08 am
@chrischris81,
Have you been back to the place you met her since the last date?
ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:09 am
@chrischris81,
chrischris81 wrote:
What if she decides to write back? Man up and tell her to go f herself or let her stomp on your head?

neither of those things are very adult (are you in your teens?)

if she gets in touch, say hi - hope you feel better

leave it at that

full stop

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:11 am
@chrischris81,
chrischris81 wrote:
Man up and tell her to go f herself or let her stomp on your head?

This escalated too quickly. Real men d0n't get insanely aggressive for such little offense.

chrischris81 wrote:
I mean we sill follow eachother on social media insta, snapchat and twitter...

There's no social contract that social media follows mean ANYTHING or require the follower to be socially obligated to the followee. For all we know, she hadn't gotten around to unfollowing you from these respective social media outlets... or... she holds no grudge against you but just isn't interested enough in you or emotionally mature enough to let you know the whys of her recent behavior.

What it all comes down to? We (third parties in this equation) literally don't know her motivations or thinking process. We cannot answer the OP thread in the first place. I'd say ask her but since she's not responding for whatever reason... it's best to leave her alone or risk becoming (or seeming to become) a dangerous stalker.
chrischris81

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 11:14 am
@ehBeth,
no. I know where she works and I would probably go back because its a nice bar/lounge but I would definitely only go when I meet someone else.
0 Replies

chrischris81

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 12:14 pm
@tsarstepan,
I guess I just wanna know why..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 12:17 pm
@chrischris81,
chrischris81 wrote:
I mean we sill follow eachother on social media insta, snapchat and twitter...

has she been active there since she ghosted you?
chrischris81

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 12:49 pm
@ehBeth,
yes. very active. I can believe that she was sick, but disappearing all of a sudden without any warning signs is just weird to me. The reaction I would maybe expect from a teenager or a girl that didn't feel the vibe with me. Definitely not something I'd expect from her.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 03:26 pm
Here's a thought: SHE wasn't as impressed with the three dates as you were. "It" just wasn't there for her.

Still, I can see where you might want some closure, so simply ask her (in person or by phone, with real live conversation, not a text), "Hey, still interested in getting together? Or did I read you wrong?"

0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 07:14 pm
@chrischris81,
chrischris81 wrote:

Definitely not something I'd expect from her.

After three freaking dates? You hardly know her to know what to expect from her in the first place.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Went on 3 great dates and now she ghosted out of nowhere
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 01:11:22