Shipping Rates from China...Cheapest

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 12:34 pm
Hello ALL,
Can someone tell me what's the cheapest way to ship from China to the US.
I am talking about stuff that is around 20-30 lbs per package and it reaches within a week or two.
If someone could refer me someplace where I could compare shipping rates it would be great.
FYI....we want to get samples from chinese manufacturers.

Thx,
Phish
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,323 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Digaplay

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:51 pm
You didn't mention the cubic size of the freight. I am assuming it is not foam or another bulky product.

For something that small, I would suggest going thru one of the main package delivery services, FedEx, DHL, etc.

You will have less customs issues and costs would be competitve versus the airfreight and other fees that a airline cargo forwarder would change.

I would not suggest LCL ocean freight, because transit time can take a three weeks, then you will need, depending on port and warehouse, another week for freight to be devanned. You would also need to file your own customs entry or depending on the value and type of the freight, you may need a broker to clear it.

As long as you don't do broker select, which I see now reason for you to do, the broker costs would be much lower if it went by a major package delivery service.
0 Replies

Digaplay

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 07:51 pm
I also assumed you have only one or two packages. How may boxes are you talking about?
0 Replies

phishman

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:22 am
DIgaplay,
Yeah one or two boxes....its not a frequent buy...its just samples....I was wondering if there were any cheaper alternatives to DHL FEdex etc....IF theres not from your experience which of these companieswould be cheaper.....we are trying to be cost effective...
0 Replies

Digaplay

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:10 pm
DHL is usually cheaper than Fedex.

Feel free to ask the shipper what they would charge to ship it to you, or you can setup an account and have them use yours.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:10 pm
I'm going to China this summer, and I could take something for you as carry-on if you want.

I usually just bring a bad book.
0 Replies

jerrywangyu

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 11:53 am
There are three ways you can post from china to US:
air-air: reach US in a week
air-land carriage: reach US in 2 weeks
water-land carriage: reach US in 4 weeks
I used to post some tea to US, it doesn't cost a lot, really.
Please feel for free if you need more information.
[email protected]
0 Replies