Average Lifespan of a Smart Speaker?

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 07:07 pm
Does anyone know the life span of an Amazon Tap (smart speaker)? Mine is over two years old (May 2016) and now starting to struggle to stay connected to my home's wifi connection. Can Alexa get early onset dementia?

How or where could I recycle this bastard if she's deteriorating past the point of no return?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 759 • Replies: 5
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
Sturgis
  Selected Answer

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2018 10:34 pm
@tsarstepan,
Go to Amazon.com and seek their help

www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

or the Amazon recycle program

https://amazonrecycling-us.re-teck.com/recycling/home

further, in NYC visit:

www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/4661/electronic-disposal-information
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2018 06:05 am
@Sturgis,
I decided to buy a new Amazon Echo (which before the below discounts was still cheaper and more functional than the older Tap I presently own)...
Amazon is allowing me $20 credit for sending in my old Tap plus an additional discount on the Echo. So both issues are solved.

When I get the Echo... like my Tap, I'll leave the Alexa automatic monitoring off because ... I don't need it always on. My bedroom where I'll use it ... is small enough that I don't need to bark commands at it to get what I need from it.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2018 07:07 am
@tsarstepan,
Just mailed my poor soon-to-be orphaned speaker back to Amazon in New Jersey. We shared so many wonderful memories together. So many bad jokes told by Alexa.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2018 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
You gave Tap a good home and a comfortable home and now it heads off in search of new adventure. Possibly a reconditioning and then into another home or maybe an office...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 2 Nov, 2018 06:28 pm
@tsarstepan,
I have been alive for fifty some years... and I am still going strong. I think most of us get at least 80.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Average Lifespan of a Smart Speaker?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:17:38