Hi Folks Back Again

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 06:58 pm
To ask the same question I asked in 2017. Does anyone who voted for Trump now regret it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 8 • Views: 1,343 • Replies: 23

maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:13 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
I still regret voting for Hillary. But, I regretted it while I was doing it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 07:52 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Doesn't appear so, in fact some of them are doubling down. Go figure!
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 08:05 pm
@glitterbag,
The only reason that Trump won is that Hillary was such a horrible candidate. I don't think there are many people who could have lost to a bumbling, sexist, reality TV star... yet somehow Hillary did lose. I know that there are people who despise Trump, yet voted for him as the lesser of two evils.

I fear the liberal base of the Democratic party, the screaming White women in pink hats, haven't learned their lesson. If they double down, Trump will get 8 years.

Do you regret nominating Hillary?
glitterbag

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 08:22 pm
@maxdancona,
Are you actually asking me if I nominated Hillary???? You are like a broken record.

The question being asked is ::::: Do you regret voting for Trump? You either did or didn't and you either do or you doubled down on Trump land.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 08:32 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't know if you personally had a part in nominating Hillary or not. I do know that she was nominated, and that she was a disaster as a candidate.

I voted for Hillary in the general election. I regretted it then and I regret it now.

glitterbag

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 08:57 pm
@maxdancona,
Do you even have half a clue how the nominations come about? Personally, all I can do its vote in the primary's and the general election.

It must be an absolute heartbreak to regret voting, I never do because I think citizens should vote.

You might want to address Bear's question. I really can't answer for you, because if I did (reading your comments) I would have to say that you regret NOT voting for Trump, however you are thrilled that he is president.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 09:10 pm
@glitterbag,
You making a invalid leap in logic.

I regret voting for Hillary. I am very unhappy that Trump is president. Both of these things are true.
roger

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 09:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Hey! Same answer
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 09:48 pm
@maxdancona,
Well of course it's invalid, you post these squirrelish comments as if I have some magical control over nominations... you know it aggravating, you strive to be infuriatingly obtuse...then you act as if everyone else is confused.

Let me remind you once again, the question is about Trump and if folks are still happy they voted for Trump. No one, absolutely no one is trying to hold another election so as to depose Trump and install Hillary in his place. I understand why over zealous conservatives worry that the election was tainted...but it doesn't matter, it just doesn't matter. It doesn't matter because there is no process to invalidate an election and replace the winner with the runner-up. It ain't Miss America. It doesn't matter that she had three million more votes than Trump, that's not how we run elections.

So can you just leave me alone and just give it a rest? Go bother someone else

and stop trying to make me Hillary's apologist or her campaign manager. The way I see it is we were screwed no matter who won the election. It was a given Trump would be a disaster and the ultimate humiliation for this nation....But the country would have been outraged if Hillary won, and although I don't think she would be as destructive to our reputation as the moron in the fat suit and stupid swirled hairdo.. the angry folks in this county would be in a constant state of outrage and nothing would be achieved. Although at this point, treading water seems preferable to taking the country down the drain.

The Republicans started with around 17 0r 19 hopefuls., why couldn't they pick one of the guys who knows what government is supposed to be? Out of all those people, Trump was the one they wanted to run? Jesus wept. There is plenty of blame to spread around.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 01:13 am
@glitterbag,
Spot on.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 04:17 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
you know it aggravating, you strive to be infuriatingly obtuse...then you act as if everyone else is confused.

So can you just leave me alone and just give it a rest? Go bother someone else

Geez Glitterbag, here we go again. You are reading my posts. You are responding to my posts. You could easily choose to not do either. Instead, you are taking more cheap shots at anyone who doesn't wholehearted swallow the group think.

This is a provocative political thread written by a Hillary supporter and intended to take a shot at Trump voters. I have no problem with this (obviously) because I am here. But, I am going to post my opinions. Sorry. You can choose to read to read them or not and you certainly don't have to respond to them. But you can't stop me from posting them.

You are jumping into the mud willingly, and then complaining about getting dirty. It does't make sense. Same thing goes for me...

... but is the self-righteous whining really necessary?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 04:27 am
This thread demonstrates the reason that Trump (as unpopular as he remains) may very well win another term.

If the Democrats are going telling voters "Listen you idiots, you didn't support us and now look at what you have done"... the natural response is "screw you". You do not win election by attacking the intelligence of voters (unless the other candidate attacks a larger number of voters which is what happened in 2016).

The Democrats have been losing elections at every level. They can either whine about the referees and attack the electorate, or they can figure out how they can reach a greater number of people by listening rather than lecturing.

Hillary lost by calling a large percentage of voters "Deplorable". Hopefully the next nominee will do better.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 05:29 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Welcome back! I doubt much as changed.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 06:48 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I don't know if you personally had a part in nominating Hillary or not. I do know that she was nominated, and that she was a disaster as a candidate.

I voted for Hillary in the general election. I regretted it then and I regret it now.

So? You're finally coming out as a Trumpian supporter that you always secretly been? You just don't seem to have the guts to admit it. You're trying to straddle the proverbial fence post as if you're some perfect omniscient godlike observer with all the wisdom that everyone else seems to always ignore. You're trying to have your bakery full of cakes, eat it all too (without getting diabetes), and still get all the profits of selling said cakes.

Also? Bringing up Hillary over and over is pretty irrelevant to the OP's question. If you didn't vote for Trump? The question isn't targeting you.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 06:55 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

... if I have some magical control over nominations...

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad And I am so ashamed of you. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad You did have that celestial power and wasted it on Secretary Clinton.

Good magic wasted on the glittery glitterbag! Why didn't you use your omniscience and predicted this post by Max to magically change the Dem's nominee to Max's preferred candidate?!

I have removed you from my will. Signed the most shamed tsar ever.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 07:08 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't know where you get the idea that I am a Trumpian supporter. In the election I felt the need to make a choice... I held my nose and voted for Hillary. Since the election, I don't have to "support" either.

- Hillary as a candidate was self-righteous, indignant and insulting. She ran on identity politics and called "half of Trump supporters" as a "basket of deplorables".

- Trump as a candidate (and as president) is insulting, immature, autocratic and bombastic. He has a simplistic worldview and disastrous policies on many issues. He cares principally about catering to his base with no apparent real core values of his own.

They were both awful. And yet, one of them had to win. I regret that.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 07:24 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

I held my nose and voted for Hillary. Since the election, I don't have to "support" either.

Stop acting like you're the only one who did this. You sir ARE NOT UNIQUE in this matter.
One: literally not relevant.
Two: I voted for Hillary with many reservations that you have stated here and a few trillion other threads. She was a tepid candidate. She's not the same category of monster as Trump. You're putting her (undeservedly) on the same level ... and in same posts ... seemingly calling her worse than Trump.
Three: I'm glad and safe to see that Hillary Clinton will very likely not get a second chance in 2020. Even I know that's not relevant for this thread.

Quote:
I don't have to "support" either.

You seemingly protest too much and too often that I really have a hard time believing you aren't a closeted Trump supporter. Maybe you're not. You don't have much in terms of credibility given your posting history here for the past couple of years.

Quote:
- Trump as a candidate (and as president) is insulting, immature, autocratic and bombastic. He has a simplistic worldview and disastrous policies on many issues. He cares principally about catering to his base with no apparent real core values of his own.

Literally relevant to the question.

Quote:
They were both awful. And yet, one of them had to win. I regret that.

Literally not relevant to the question.

Quote:
- Hillary as a candidate was self-righteous, indignant and insulting. She ran on "identity politics" and called "half of Trump supporters" as a "basket of deplorables".

Literally not relevant to the question.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 07:27 am
@tsarstepan,
Why are you taking the time to respond to posts that you don't think are relevant?

It is amusing, but not very logical.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 31 Oct, 2018 07:36 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

Why are you taking the time to respond to posts that you don't think are relevant?

It is amusing, but not very logical.

And you're particularly dull. Just calling out your seeming disingenuous nonsense.

1. Forums
  2. » Hi Folks Back Again
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 07:35:54