Discrimination

Stunned

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2018 10:41 pm
My husband made a comment to an employee that had him on speaker phone "that he was unaware of", and said " Make sure to lock your tools up, so they don't get stole, you're in coonville".
One of the workers was black and called the ethics hot line and of course he was moved to a different position and had a week off without pay etc. first of this was a first offense of a 37 year career and 20 with this company. He took a Hugh pay cut. The problem is that this person that made the call since then, has done what they call in their line of business "A Fatal Five" and almost killed someone. He has never been reprimanded, no days off, no punishment at all. This offense by anyone else would mean immediate termination!
My husband has put in for 4 positions within the company, even out of town, but they will not even give him an interview! And he is more qualified than any of the applicants! "PROMOTE WITH IN THE COMPANY"! Ha ... HE HAS NOTHING BUT LETTERS AND RECOMENDATIONS FOR PROMOTION!!!
I believe he is being harassed and discriminated against. As well as Defamation of character.!!! Please advise! This all happened the week I was diagnosed with breast cancer and now we are financially strapped and he needs to travel to make more money!!

engineer

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 06:28 am
@Stunned,
Stunned wrote:

My husband made a comment to an employee that had him on speaker phone "that he was unaware of", and said " Make sure to lock your tools up, so they don't get stole, you're in coonville".
One of the workers was black and called the ethics hot line and of course he was moved to a different position and had a week off without pay etc. first of this was a first offense of a 37 year career and 20 with this company. He took a Hugh pay cut. The problem is that this person that made the call ...

The person who reported him is not the problem. The problem is your husband's use of a racial slur at work and his implication that people of color are thieves. To give him a promotion soon after this incident would show that the company was not serious about his discipline. To put him in any leadership role where his stated bias could impact the job rating of subordinates would be a minefield for the company and expose the company to potential liability if a discrimination case arose in the future. It also sounds like you either don't understand the issue or don't believe your husband did anything wrong. Even had he not been on a speaker phone or only speaking to white employees, his comments were way, way out of line. Does he understand that? If he does, he shouldn't be surprised that he is not being immediately offered supervisory opportunities. His best bet IMO at this point is to work hard to rebuild his reputation or to look for new employment.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 06:47 am
@Stunned,
Why are you writing this here? Pretty pointless. If you believe that your husband has been legally wronged, get an employment lawyer.

Quote:
D. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LEGAL ADVICE. All of the services' content, including postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional legal advice, and no attorney/client privilege is to be inferred from any postings herein. Always seek the advice of a qualified legal professional with questions you have regarding a legal matter. You should not disregard professional legal advice because of something you have received from or read in the able2know service.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Discrimination
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/11/2024 at 02:33:08