I predict that Oprah Winfrey will be president one day!

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:10 pm
I would like to go on record with my prediction that Oprah Winfrey will be the president of the United States one day. In fact, she will be the first woman AND the first black president all at once. Make book on it, my friends. You'll see.

I know this thread will be looked at as a joke, but I am putting it out there anyways, because in about twenty years, I want people to look back at this thread and realize what a prognosticatory (is that a word?) genius I am.

So there.

Anyone else have any pet predictions that might seem crazy right now, but that you just KNOW are going to come true? Share them here.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,430 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:15 pm
Re: I predict that Oprah Winfrey will be president one day!
kickycan wrote:
Anyone else have any pet predictions that might seem crazy right now, but that you just KNOW are going to come true? Share them here.

Oh yeah - I gots me some prognestications Kicky.

No matter how much you suck up to Oprah she won't:

1. Invite you on those shows where she gives out all that free stuff
2. Sleep with you
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 11:17 pm
Thanks, but I don't know if those can really be considered prognostications...more like smartass comments disguised as prognostications.
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:27 am
I tend to agree with the Oprah prediction. The country seems ripe to elect both a woman and a minority, as you said, and she fits the bill perfectly. Imagine, Election 2012: Schwartzenegger v. Winfrey!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:48 am
That would be a tough one for me, actually, since about five years ago I predicted that Schwartzennegger would be prez one day.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:11 am
Since Oprah is not regarded as a politician by anybody I know, I have to say I think Halle Berry has as good a chance.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:13 am
Should Kicky's prediction come true I have one of my own.

I predict some redneck with a gun rack in his pickup will assassinate President Winfrey someday.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:14 am
Oprah started from nothing, and created an empire. She is kind, smart, and knows how to deal with people. She is also an astute businesswoman.
She is loved by many people, of all races.

edgarblythe- Years ago, how many people considered Reagan a politician?
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:15 am
Right, and you thought Arnold a prime candidate while shooting Conan the Barbarian.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:18 am
Isn't there already a move underway to amend the Constitution to allow someone not born here to be President?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:19 am
Up until the election of Ronald Reagan I would not have taken your prediction seriously.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:20 am
Well, phoenix, I considered Reagan a politician in the early 60s, particularly when he campaigned with Goldwater.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 01:58 am
Yep, being white and male was a definite plus - can't say the same for either Oprah or Condi Rice.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 06:15 am
edgarblythe wrote:
Well, phoenix, I considered Reagan a politician in the early 60s, particularly when he campaigned with Goldwater.

The vast majority of Reagan's film work was done BEFORE the sixties. Now I know that I am MUCH older than you Edgar, :wink: but I remember Ronnie in the 1950s!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001654/
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 07:55 am
I'll start printing up the bumper stickers. Might as well go all the way:

"Winfrey / Berry 2016"

You can't tell me Halle wouldn't pull the mens votes!
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:45 am
When I was a kid in school I was told that in America anyone could become president. After this fool was elected twice, I believe it. It's all about name recognition and catch phrases now. Oprah doesn't have the guile to follow in shrub boy's footsteps, and, besides, she has a conscience; there are limits to what she'd say to get elected.

How about Martha Stewart? If she'd only learn to fake a smile.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:51 am
I beat you to it, Kicky. Well, you're predicting that she'll run. I said that she ought to run because she can certainly win. I'm no big Oprah fan, not in the least, but...

Sat. Nov. 20, 2004
eoe wrote:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 02:47 pm
I'd certainly vote for her, but I don't think she'd want the job. She already has a better one.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:23 pm
I remember Ronnie in the 50s too, phoenix. Every time he was on television or we saw him in a drive in movie my mom would say, there's Ronald Reagan, excitedly. But, he had political books out at the end of the 50s. I don't recall the first time he ran for the nomination, but it was long before he got elected.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:29 pm
You really think there's enough overweight housewives sitting their fat asses on the couch chomping on salty snacks that would vote for her? Uh, nevermind.

But she'd make far, far less $$ as Pres anyway.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I predict that Oprah Winfrey will be president one day!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 11:57:40