Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity?

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:45 pm
I was in the grocery store today, picking up a few items for the weekend, and there was this somewhat attractive woman constantly eyeing me. I could feel her watching me as I walked up and down the aisles. Finally, it began to piss me off a bit so I confronted her. "Can I help you with something?", I asked.

She looked at me and said, "Are you Marty Feldman?"

I told her that , yes I was, and she asked for an autograph. I signed it and she went on her way, probably home to try and sell the damn thing on ebay.

So.... you ever been mistaken for a celebrity?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,764 • Replies: 27
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:04 pm
Yeah, apparently some dude named David Byrne. Laughing

Synonymph wrote:
Oooh...Reyn looks like David Byrne.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:05 pm
A few years back I was sitting in a nice NY restaurant when an older lady comes over and shoves a notebook at me with a pen. "I just loved you in "Good Will Hunting" and "Circle of Friends" she gushes - will you sign this?" I couldn't remember the exact name of the person she had me confused with and was a little shocked at her insistence, so I signed "Minnie Mouse". She took the napkin, looked at the signature, gave me a big smile and said "Thank you Minnie, I will really treasure this" and with that she left the restaurant. Glad I made her day.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:23 pm
Minnie Driver. She's beautiful and talented. Not only is she an actor, she's a singer as well.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:25 pm
I know a woman whose brother is incessantly mistaken in public places for Matthew McConaughey. I have never seen him, but she says that when he is asked for autographs, he says, "I'm not who you think I am," and that many people assume he is pulling their leg and ask him to sign anyway.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:26 pm
I have been mistaken for Oprah Winfrey on many occasions.

Weird.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:31 pm
eoe wrote:
Minnie Driver. She's beautiful and talented. Not only is she an actor, she's a singer as well.

I can neither act nor dance nor sing. I do have very similar pouffy hair and facial features. Minnie also wins the better body award, although she puffed up for " Circle of Freinds" and that may have led to some of the confusion.

By the way Gus - Hasn't Marty Feldman been dead for a few years now? Where you being confused with the live or dead version?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:36 pm
Oh man. That's funny.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:40 pm
And just what the hell is so funny, eoe?

Do you think it's a picnic going through life being mistaken for decomposing celebrities?

You beautiful people think you have all the answers.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:57 pm
Beautiful people don't need the answers.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:01 pm
What was the question?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:03 pm
Gus,

The thing most people remember about Marty Feldman is that bugeyed stare. Maybe if you drooled a little more when you stared at the ladies they wouldn't mistake your for ole Marty. Of course then they might mistake you for Beethovan. (the dog not the composer)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:05 pm
I have also been mistaken for Rodney Dangerfield.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:08 pm
Ironically, he's dead too....
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 10:14 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:18 am
Most people mistake me for Walter Hinteler.

I've been getting used to that by now - actually, I really like it.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 02:34 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Do you think it's a picnic going through life being mistaken for decomposing celebrities?

Well Gus, you can hardly blame people when you already posted this handsome snapshot of yourself in the gallery, eh? :wink: Laughing

http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/gifs/ugly%20face%201%20tile.jpg
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 05:56 am
I have been mistaken for Elizabeth Taylor in her younger years. (Oh, wait a minute. The guy who told me that was legally blind! Laughing )
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 07:48 am
I was "checked out" by the cops back in 1969 when Angela Davis was on the lam from the FBI. They asked to see my ID and were very open about it.
More recently, a young man asked if I was Alice Walker, the Pulitzer prize winning author. It's funny. I don't look like either of these women. In both situations it was the hairstyle and, in the Angela Davis case, eyeglasses.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 07:57 am
Re: Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity?
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
She looked at me and said, "Are you Marty Feldman?"

So this is where Eroticwriter ended up Cool
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Have you ever been mistaken for a celebrity?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 05:37:04