Should I tell my husband I cheated?

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 10:20 pm
My husband and I are early 30’s with no kids. We’ve been together since we were 18. We’re happy & very much in love, but life often gets in the way. He has a very demanding job & often this interferes with ‘us’ as a couple. I recently travelled overseas for a family wedding - due to work commitments my husband couldn’t come. The best man who I’ve know for many years was also travelling without his girlfriend. We were sharing the same holiday house & as we were the only couples there without our partners we seemed to spend a lot of time together. I picked up on his discreet flirting during the holiday and I enjoyed the attention but didn’t really act on it. The night of the wedding we were the last 2 standing at the ‘after party’ in our holiday home. He invited me to continue drinking in his bedroom so not to wake the other house guests - I was very drunk and so I went with him. Eventually we ended up kissing - completely instigated by him! For around 2 hours we passionately kissed and played. He made me feel good about myself and my ability to turn him on - something I’ve not had from my husband in a long time. Sex has become routine. I didn’t let him play with me and nor did we sleep together as my conscious got the better of me but I enjoyed being intimate with him & the way he made me feel so special. I returned to my own room & he was fine with that. He’s the only person in 15 years I’ve been intimate with other than my husband & as guilty as I feel for what I’ve done e I did enjoy it, a lot! The following day we all travelled home - the guy & I to different cities. It was awkward & we didn’t really speak: mainly due to my guilt. I feel so guilty I wonder should I tell my husband? Or should I perhaps be concerned at how much I enjoyed what happened & questioning my marriage? I can’t stop thinking about it & the way he made me feel. My husband doesn’t make me feel that way any more. Please help or share similar experiences.

jespah

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 04:53 am
You're fine. But seek out counseling and tell an impartial professional what you wrote here. Talk to them about how to liven up your marriage.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Alwaysonmymind

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 02:38 pm
@blondssweetie,
Neither of us are ready for kids yet & after what I did I’m not sure it’s the best thing for us right now
laughoutlood

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 06:37 pm
@Alwaysonmymind,
Never, ever say anything to your husband about the minor dalliance.

0 Replies

Stevep64

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 05:36 am
@jespah,
You cheated: Therefore, your husband has the right to know.....This happened to me in my first marriage, and let me tell you, it's the most devastating, hurtful news you can get.
Stevep64

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 05:38 am
@Stevep64,
"MINOR' dalliance: what a crock. cheating is cheating, whether you think it is or not.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 03:29 pm
@Alwaysonmymind,
Alwaysonmymind wrote:

Neither of us are ready for kids yet & after what I did I’m not sure it’s the best thing for us right now

Very smart of you!

Kid don't solve marital problems.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2018 03:33 pm
@Alwaysonmymind,
Unburdening your guilt is a selfish motivation for telling your husband and more than likely connected to a hope that it will end the marriage that you don't have the courage to end.

Make up your mind (although I think you have). If you no longer want to be married then tell your husband in a way that minimizes his pain.

If you do, then keep your mouth shut, live with your guilt and work to make things right.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Should I tell my husband I cheated?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:37:23