How do I get a post deleted?

dupre

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:03 am
Hello, able2know members. How can I get a post deleted? Thank you!

maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:06 am
@dupre,
You can't get a post deleted. Once you post, they are here forever (i.e. until the owners of the site decide to delete posts from the database.... something that has never happened as far as I know). There is a good lesson... once you put something on the internet, it never disappears. I tell my kids this incessantly.

On the bright side... you can always just stop making new posts.
dupre

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:16 am
@maxdancona,
Oh dear. Is there any way to edit it at this point?
maxdancona

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:34 am
@dupre,
In all honesty, it really doesn't matter. In a few days, everyone will forget and no one will read it anyway.

They don't let people edit their posts after a few minutes because they don't want people in an argument to change what they said after someone responds.
dupre

Reply Sun 21 Oct, 2018 09:41 am
@maxdancona,
Thank you.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 06:10 am
@dupre,
dupre wrote:

Oh dear. Is there any way to edit it at this point?

The only time you can get an edit from an admin (post-posting) is if you accidentally included personal details like address, phone number, etc.... They'll edit out those details [adding the clause that the post was edited by admins] but won't delete posts or threads.

The only time they delete posts or threads? If the post violates the spam and/or Terms of Service policies (especially if it's a trolling post that incites violence, etc...).

I really doubt any of these reasons are relevant to your original thread above.
dupre

Reply Mon 22 Oct, 2018 06:25 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » How do I get a post deleted?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:36:43