[answered] Posting a web email address

Reyn

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:01 pm
I apologize in advance if this information is located somewhere, as I have not found it.

My ISP provides free web email addresses for it's users. I would like to put it in my profile (since I do not have access to the PM feature), but not sure on which line to do this. I see only spots to put Instant Messanging type of addresses, which this is not.

Please enlighten the unenlighted.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 680 • Replies: 7
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 07:13 am
Type it into the member description portion of your profile and click submit.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:24 am
Oh, okay, thank you..... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:29 am
One more silly question....

When I do that, I notice on the left-hand side under "Contact Reyn" and above "Private Message", there is a line for "Email Address". Is this not activated for this board?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:34 am
Don't quote me, but I think that is 'hidden' so email addresses can't be harvested by spammers.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 11:06 am
Ah, the penny has dropped! :wink: Laughing Thank you! I suppose that's so the email address that one has signed up with doesn't show. Good thinking.

What I wanted to do was use a web address so those who can use the PM feature can use that instead, since I cannot reply to their PM's. I've had some very nice messages, but have only been able to reply on the message board. Sometimes I don't want to say too much and reveal what they have said in their PM, as that is why they used the "private" mode.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 12:57 pm
After reading this, I suppose I should send along an email address when I suspect someone is unable to respond.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:02 pm
That's a nice idea! I think sometimes those who are unable to use the PM feature as yet, get a little frusterated when they do receive one. They feel that the person who sent them a nice message might think that they are rude and ignoring them.

I'm going to put mine in my profile and also on my signature line, I think.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » [answered] Posting a web email address
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:52:03