Touching other people's lives

Reyn

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:30 pm
Don't feel bad "J_B". It took me quite some time to write the original post. I had stopped, started, and started over again, over a week to do it. For some reason, it was very important for me to "get it out".

There is something very special about this board. Something very rare. I'm betting that many don't really give it a lot of thought. It's the mixture of all the elements in the right place, at the right time, etc.

I know this, because I deliberately, and specifically, was looking exactly for a board like this one. It took many, many Google searches to find the right board, and when I found this one, I knew it was right for me.

I think when one writes something that is really important for you (at least for me anyway), I want to make sure it comes out "right". So, you're not alone.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 01:28 am
Like Green Witch, I too stumbled across A2K quite by accident. I thought I'd take a looksee since I was here anyway and I was just thoroughly amazed. I have never seen such a large internet community that truly acted like a community, almost like a huge extended family but without the baggage. I was here for awhile at first, mostly just reading others posts and then got the courage up to post something of my own. It bombed. As most of my topics do. I almost left at one point after two posters very subtly made it known in one thread that we were all posting in at the same time, that I was pretty much a worthless piece of garbage that belonged in a dumpster bin and that I really didn't belong with someone of their caliber and status here.

But...I came back, am still here and even though all my topics bomb like h*ll, I still post and hang out, mostly on the fringes and enjoy the few friends I have made here very, very much.

Thank you all for being here. It truly is appreciated. Smile
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 01:55 am
Lady J wrote:
...I almost left at one point after two posters very subtly made it known in one thread that we were all posting in at the same time, that I was pretty much a worthless piece of garbage that belonged in a dumpster bin and that I really didn't belong with someone of their caliber and status here.

But...I came back, am still here and even though all my topics bomb...

Well, I, for one, am glad that you are still here. We can always use more people who obviously care about what they write. Sensitivity, especially on the internet, can never go wrong. Better that than to charge around like a bull in a china shop.

Try not to let those few make your stay here a negative experience. I think those who do will not last long. They will be found out and shunned by others.

Thank you again for staying, and contributing to this thread. It is appreciated greatly. If ever you decide to leave A2K, be it your own decision, because you wanted to. Not because you were driven away due to bad behaviour.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 02:58:56