To Those Who Know Anon ---

cobalt

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 05:56 pm
Just learned that it is true that our abuzz friend Anon, also known as Anon Voter, was hit last night by a drunk 16 year old driver and he is now in a coma. His daughter, an infrequent abuzzer JanGilbert came online with crusader bunnypants in a thread bunnypants started about this. There is also a PUP politcal thread, #153, that is filled with posts and best wishes for him and his wife JayBea and their family....

Just wanted to pass this along. Remember that Anon has had many imposters, but the real guy is a sweetheart! He contributed to my recent thread about middle class health care being in trouble, where he described the medical accident causing his wife's complete disability. He also is the man who threw an excellent online party in SF for about 3 weeks and 300 posts! Hope you will check into abuzz for updates as we get them.

http://nytimes.abuzz.com/interaction/s.299558/discussion/

http://nytimes.abuzz.com/interaction/s.299323/discussion/
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,876 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 08:45 pm
I am sorry to hear about Anon ... I didn't know him well but my prayers and thoughts are with him and his family.

Please keep us posted on his condition Cobalt.
0 Replies

Rae

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 09:21 pm
I don't know the man at all, but he is in my simple prayers in a big way tonight.....One for all, all for one.
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Wed 30 Oct, 2002 09:37 pm
Maybe Good News
I went back to check the Abuzz thread. Jan posted this evening and there appears to be encouraging news. Anon awakened from a coma late this afternoon. That sounds like good news to me. Keeping up the positive thinking.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 05:51 am
FYI-- Just checked Abuzz this morning and the news is that Anon has passed. My heart goes out to his family and all who knew him. What a terrible, senseless tragedy.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 05:57 am
Oh, what horrible news. My only consolation is that he went quickly, and did not have to suffer.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 08:18 am
Sorry, folks. The information that he had died was a lie posted by an imposter! I can't believe that anyone would be that heartless and childish. Anon's daughter just posted an update and he's hanging on. I'm torn between feeling grateful that he's still here and feeling enormous rage that such a coldhearted SOB as this imposter would be allowed to blithely post such hurtful BS.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 08:37 am
that is unspeakable - really.

thoughts for Anon and his loved ones - and hopes
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 08:52 am
Amazing how awful some people can be (the JanGilbert imposter). Sick, sick, sick.

Thank God Anon is hanging on. Prayers to all.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 12:30 pm
For those following - The Real Jan Gilbert just posted that she had just been on the phone with Anon's wife and Anon is concious and coherent. Jaybea is reading a printout of the Abuzz thread to him.

Looks like that tough old bird is going to pull through! Smile
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 01:09 pm
Thank God for sparing Anon and thank God for this ite. The trolls can probably get in here, but at least they can't pull the kind of despicable impostiture that happened on Jan's thread about Anon's condition. It's unbelievable that anyone could find a sick satisfaction in posting such obscenities.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 01:16 pm
Merry Andrew- I cannot understand what possesses a person to the level of depravity that was seen on Abuzz. It is very sad, sickening and sad.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 01:17 pm
Merry Andrew, yanno I'm the sheriff, right (well, there are a lot of us sheriffs)? And we won't stand for that kinda BS.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 01:43 pm
Damn straight! Reading Abuzz since yesterday has been entirely repulsive. I won't be going back.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 03:02 pm
Anon Voter is not only wiggling his fingers and toes and talking with his family--he wants an absentee ballot since he doesn't reckon on getting to the polls on Tuesday.

I think this request indicates that there is no brain damage.

The hit-run driver has been apprehended. He is sixteen years old and was drunk. The car he was driving was stolen.

I feel that in some situations horsewhipping might be suitable.
0 Replies

cobalt

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 03:12 pm
I am so very thankful that alert members of this forum posted about Anon. If you don't look quick or check back often enough - just think of how easy it is to pick up or spread misinformation, or is that disinformation.

fishin - I heard your comment about not going back to abuzz. I feel at times that I must 'stay out' because it CAN be depressing. But, on the bright side, I find that having my own questions I follow and the questions of online friends keeps me going back. I just don't mess about with the general nonsense. Hey, you and I have had some great talks on many subjects there - and on opposite sides of da fence! But I always appreciate your responses because it does make me reconsider some attitudes.

Anyway, I am sick that someone tried to use abuzz to post such a horrid entry about anon. I hear that someone I know very very well has a line on the exact name and probable location of one particular pest in abuzz who is in "my neck of the woods'. Hmmmmm. Trick or treat tonight?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 03:48 pm
The kindest reason I can come up with for someone to falsely announce Anon Voter's death is that that Troll was hoping to provoke an outpouring of sympathy and eulogy.

The Troll (who in this scenario has a weak ego and a cowardly soul) would dearly love to read all manner of nice things about himself and figures Anon Voter is cut to the same inadequate measure.

Ugh.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 04:05 pm
I think most of you pretty much realize that I'm used to the rough and tumble of Abuzz Political discussions but between the trolls posting in the thread about Anon this morning and the other 100 posts since the news first came out yesterday implying (or in some cases flat out claiming) that the incident was "GOP Hit"was just to much.

I expected to see some trolls use this thing to attack Anon himself but seeing his own "friends" profess their undying devotioin and friendship and then turn the thread into another political finger-pointing thread just left me in disgust.

I actually posted vulgarities in two different threads on Abuzz - a fact I'm not very proud of at all. That kind of jolted me to realize what Abuzz has become when it could drive me to do that. I've known it in my heart for a few months but just couldn't accept it.

While people are in there saying how Anon's injuries have brought people together, to me it just highlighted how those same people can't even put their politics aside for 24 hours. I'll post here thanks. I will not be swallowed up by their callousness.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 04:39 pm
Fishin', I know what you mean.

I hate to even bring this up, but has there been any independent confirmation (i.e. from anyone but JanGilbert) that the accident truly occurred in the first place? I know I'm not the only one with suspicions, and JanGilbert does seem pretty genuine in her updates, but it's obviously not beyond the capability of some lowlifes to attempt a hoax like this...
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2002 04:49 pm
I haven't seen anyone else say anything but JanGilbert left a "message" that was supposedly a "verification code" from Anon for Joan and Joan recognized what it meant... I guess it was supposed to have been some sort of inside joke between the two.

Honestly, I'd rather that it just be a sick joke. I'd be pissed but finding out that the accident never occured and that he's fine would overcome that.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » To Those Who Know Anon ---
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.34 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 12:22:01