Effects of Abortion Prohibition

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 10:32 am
Since we are currently facing the potential of abortion regulation being returned to state governments, let's discuss potential effects of abortion prohibitions as they come into law. I will start by mentioning some off the top of my head:

1) more illegal abortions
2) more travel/migration to states where abortion is legal
3) more unwanted babies and adoptions/foster-children/orphanages?
4) more mother-child homeless families
5) more rapes reported in states where abortion is allowed with police report of rape
6) lower instances of (date) rape involving intercourse
7) lower rates of intercourse during casual dating
8) lower average age of marriage and first child
9) lower dating rate among young professionals, students, etc.
10) higher rates of teen marriage with parental consent

Feel free to discuss any of the listed items and/or add additional items for discussion.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 400 • Replies: 10
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 12:59 pm
@livinglava,
This is an interesting topic.

1. #6, #7 and #9 are ridiculous. People have sex because sex is pleasurable. I know this as a single professional, I am not going to stop dating or have any less sex.

2. You don't mention anything about alternative birth control. You might see more use of IUDs for young people and vasectomies for middle aged people. I rather doubt it. This is a possible positive, but maybe not so big because wealthy people already have access to these services and they will have access to abortion no matter what happens.

3. There will be a big split between wealthy and poor. If a wealthy or middle class person gets pregnant, hopping on an airplane and paying a hotel for a few days to go to a clinic is not a big deal. Women without means will have the biggest problem.

4. The biggest impact of a Supreme Court decision you are going to see is a huge political mess in the States. There will be nasty battles, large corporations will get involved. The political ads will be endless.

The states that outlaw abortion will be thrown into political chaos.

Setanta

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 09:13 pm
Dramatic increase in delusional ranting by reactionary, religiously-motivated busybodies.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 09:37 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Dramatic increase in delusional ranting by reactionary, religiously-motivated busybodies.

Yes on both sides. Believe it or not, Christians can be as reactionary as feminists.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:39 am
@maxdancona,
You really hate the idea of women being treated equally which is all feminists want. Feminists don't go round murdering people unlike your Incel buddies.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:45 am
@izzythepush,
Lol
izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 02:53 am
@maxdancona,
Elliot Rodger murdered six people and you find that amusing. There are no depths you won't sink to.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 05:16 am
@izzythepush,
I find you amusing, Izzy, even though it is a little sleazy that you are using the deaths of six women to score cheap political points.
livinglava

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 06:15 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This is an interesting topic.

1. #6, #7 and #9 are ridiculous. People have sex because sex is pleasurable. I know this as a single professional, I am not going to stop dating or have any less sex.

2. You don't mention anything about alternative birth control. You might see more use of IUDs for young people and vasectomies for middle aged people. I rather doubt it. This is a possible positive, but maybe not so big because wealthy people already have access to these services and they will have access to abortion no matter what happens.

3. There will be a big split between wealthy and poor. If a wealthy or middle class person gets pregnant, hopping on an airplane and paying a hotel for a few days to go to a clinic is not a big deal. Women without means will have the biggest problem.

4. The biggest impact of a Supreme Court decision you are going to see is a huge political mess in the States. There will be nasty battles, large corporations will get involved. The political ads will be endless.

The states that outlaw abortion will be thrown into political chaos.

Yes, sadly any change to abortion law will only be a beginning, not an end of struggle against irresponsible conception.

I think date rape will go down because a darker shadow will hang over the chance of conception. With abortion rights as an established fact, people can sort of block out the prospect of abortion, even if it makes them uncomfortable. If it accidentally happens, the woman goes through all the stress on her own if the father isn't a loving supporter. This is why abortion rights are really unfair to women, among other reasons.

Sexual pleasure is a very strong incentive for sex, so there has to be a broad spectrum of deterrents apparent to motivate people to abstain. Abortion removes those deterrents by sanitizing the consequences of unwanted pregnancy and making women deal with it privately.

Once rape reports are once-again required for abortion permitting, aborted fetal tissue will be used for DNA analysis and people won't be able to lie to protect the man involved. This may result in more rape-murders, unfortunately, but the alternative is letting men get away with rape out of fear of retaliatory violence.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 06:25 am
@maxdancona,
You're the sleazy one, you can't even be bothered to find out the genders of those who were murdered. He didn't just kill women.

I'm not about scoring points, cheap or otherwise. I'm about pointing out your hypocrisy and covert support of Incel. Why attack feminists when there was no other mention of them?

Quote:
In 2017 New Statesman journalist Amelia Tait spoke to several former members about their online radicalisation, unveiling bullying and indoctrination techniques within the community.

She summarises the forum's ideology as a profound belief that "feminism is toxic, sexism is fake, men have it harder than women and everything the media teaches about relationships is a lie".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43892189

Sounds like you. Feminism is about equality between the genders, only Icel and their supporters say otherwise. This is just another lie to add to your long list.

Women aren't the reason you're staying up to the wee hours arguing with people on the internet. You might want to tell your daughter why you don't think she should have the same rights an opportunities as the boys in her class.
maxdancona

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 06:47 am
@izzythepush,
Lol
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Effects of Abortion Prohibition
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 09:51:57