-people who are smog
-people who used to be smog
-people who breathe in smog
-people who breathe with smog
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 12:51 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
Oh, Abuzz so counts (don't let the Abuzzers figure out that they have been in the minority since shortly after a2k's inception though).

Hmm, with (on a rough count) some 37 out of the top 50 posters on the site, and a little over 60 of the top 100, thats an awfully dominant microcosm...

I've always thought it was a pity that on your thread, "How did you get to know about this site" (that was yours, right?), the back then still rawther obvious option "through Abuzz" wasnt included ... that would have neatly tracked it. But I'm thinking you probably didnt wanna include it exactly b/c of the impression it would at first still have given of A2K as an ex-Abuzzers site ... the percentage would only have gradually declined.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 01:00 pm
Shoulda figured nimh would drag statistics into this Laughing

Well, at least he didn't put up a chart. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 01:05 pm
ossobuco wrote:
Add Forteo to Estrostep and Deprovera. The Forteo people tend not to come back and report; haven't followed the other two.

the people who write on the thread I started on estrostep don't frickin' read...if they actually read the posts before them, they wouldn't keep posting the same dang thing... Confused
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 02:36 pm
Bella Dea wrote:

the people who write on the thread I started on estrostep don't frickin' read...if they actually read the posts before them, they wouldn't keep posting the same dang thing... Confused

Thats pretty typical of the more active political and philosophical threads, too. Not just here, though; its depressin'ly common on just about every discussion site or newsgroup I've come across. ... even the real hardcore, narrow-audience technogeek ones. At least here, flame wars aren't a landscape feature, and you don't see very many trolls.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 02:48 pm
rainforest people!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:07 pm
that's just too funny, sozzzzzzz. Laughing
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:08 pm
Mothers.

Creatures of the Swamp & Naturalists.

Young Lovers Innocent in the Ways of Love.

Adventurous Cooks.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 05:13 pm
timberlandko wrote:

LOL!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 05:44 pm
msolga wrote:
dlowan wrote:
...But we, on the other hand, break out and infest the site in general - like kangaroo rats.

It is like we have a bat cave.

Yes. Laughing

... & don't forget the free service we provide for the multitudes wanting to migrate to Oz! Are the potential migrators to Oz a category of their own?

Oh - I included them in my original post - only they do not want to migrate to Oz, they wanna migrate to bloody SYDNEY!
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:39 pm
nimh wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

LOL!

OK, serves me right for wanting to be flippant ... I actually constructed an entire mock stat-graph image thingie in Photoshop, with a bit of organogram imported from Powerpoint combined with Excel-generated circle graphs and all, none of it making sense except for including the relevant percentages of who likes / doesnt like / doesnt know Roger - and I lost it all in a crash. Computer to nimh: go to bed or do something useful for a bloody change! ;-)
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 06:42 pm
Laughing Love ya, nimh - you're a treasure. Never change - Please!!!!.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:03 pm
nimh wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
Oh, Abuzz so counts (don't let the Abuzzers figure out that they have been in the minority since shortly after a2k's inception though).

Hmm, with (on a rough count) some 37 out of the top 50 posters on the site, and a little over 60 of the top 100, thats an awfully dominant microcosm...

Yup, loquacious but not the majority.

"An overwhelming minority."
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 02:35 am
nimh wrote:
nimh wrote:
timberlandko wrote:

LOL!

OK, serves me right for wanting to be flippant ... I actually constructed an entire mock stat-graph image thingie in Photoshop, with a bit of organogram imported from Powerpoint combined with Excel-generated circle graphs and all, none of it making sense except for including the relevant percentages of who likes / doesnt like / doesnt know Roger - and I lost it all in a crash. Computer to nimh: go to bed or do something useful for a bloody change! ;-)

I can't BELIEVE I missed this one!!!!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((NIMH))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 12:49 pm
nimh wrote:
none of it making sense except for including the relevant percentages of who likes / doesnt like / doesnt know Roger - and I lost it all in a crash.

I'd still like to see this.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Microcosms
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 02:06:45