What kind of music give you chills?

Fri 5 Oct, 2018 01:19 am
I am an artist and i really can not understand the kind of music what people like and they groove to. been there in this since my own childhood and things have changed with time i have been doing all the kinds of songs but cant understand the choice of people. lets discuss?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 11 • Views: 1,628 • Replies: 13
Topic Closed
No top replies

izzythepush

Fri 5 Oct, 2018 02:42 am
blatham

Fri 5 Oct, 2018 04:09 am
We each have our unique preferences in music as we do in any art form. What are you doing in music and what do you hope to achieve?
0 Replies

Wamezo

Mon 29 Oct, 2018 02:08 pm
@izzythepush,
Reggi, rock, pop, blues, so any kind)
0 Replies

Thomas33

Wed 14 Nov, 2018 08:37 am
Licence to Kill by Gladys Knight; deeply atmospheric song
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:26 am
Clint Mansell - Xibalba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_na437vw6s
0 Replies

Muzikkon

Mon 19 Nov, 2018 12:53 am
@bollywoodblastz,
Actually, it depends on the type and age of people. Like the youngsters of our society likes to listen to some pop, romantic and rapping songs according to their tastes. But the mature personalities mostly listen to some meaningful songs like Qawali's and Ghazals. On the other hand, good mood also plays a rule in choosing the choice of songs to listen. Therefore, it's really difficult to say what kind of songs people like or dislike.
0 Replies

Bryvsp84

Wed 2 Jan, 2019 09:55 am
My favorite instruments give me chills when executed perfectly. Ima big fan of wind instruments and string instruments, when I hear a solo on one of those instruments it will most likely give me the chills.
0 Replies

Roberta

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 04:18 am
Beethoven gives me chills.
hightor

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 05:44 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
Beethoven gives me chills.

I know just what you mean. Some of the quartets practically have me bawling after a few measures. And those symphonic climaxes — just when you think it can't possibly get any more exciting the four barrel carburetor kicks in and he moves it to an even higher level. Like the way he ends the first movement of the 2nd Symphony...around 8:10 but the whole thing is worth listening to!
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 11:24 am
There are many so-called classical composers who can affect me that way. Although I think that Beethoven is overrated, at his best, he is as good as any of them. I rank the second movement of his third symphony among the greats. (Apparently, I'm not alone. When I did a search for the third symphony, the second movement was the only movement that popped up among the search recommendations.) This is a funeral march.

hightor

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 11:33 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, I always feel a bit embarrassed..."Beethoven"...about as unimaginative a choice as can be made. But damn, certain musical tropes of his affect me as no other composer does. Now, if I had to choose one piece by anyone, well it'd be between Schubert's Quintet in C and the Brahms Clarinet Quintet. But when it comes to the complete oeuvre, no one else comes close.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:08 pm
In my opinion, Hayley Westenra is the greatest soprano of our era. No less a musical light than Ennio Morricone has pronounced her pitch perfect. That echoes what a visiting musical instructor from the New Zealand ministry of education told her parents when she was just six years old. I have chosen this a cappella performance because it shows that her skills don't come from the recording studio.

0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 3 Jan, 2019 12:25 pm
Yeah, Hightor, the variation with any composer can be great. I as at a pre-concert lecture several years ago, and the gentleman asked for questions.
I mentioned Beethoven's third symphony, which all students and scholars acknowledge was a watershed moment in the history of European music, and, as the concert was Mozart, I asked him if Mozart would ever have made such a departure. It appeared to make him uncomfortable, bu the he answered candidly, and basically said that no, Mozart would not have made such a departure. Mozart may have been a giant in the classical era, but he was conventional--he never departed from his genre.

Mozart only wrote two minor key symphonies, the 25th and the 40th, both in G minor. This is the first movement of the 25th symphony:

0 Replies